Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Graphic Designer (full-time, salaried, regular) will provide design and produce marketing, advertising, and miscellaneous collateral materials for the Company. Work consists of layout and design of print ads, web, banners, sale sheets, presentations decks, brochures and collateral for corporate shows and events. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Design, layout, edit print, web-related marketing, advertising, and miscellaneous collateral materials while adhering to established deadlines and budget. 60%
- Log and track current projects as performed while keeping supervisor and Project Manager informed of projects’ status, including software/hardware issues. 10%
- Follow established proofing procedures and department protocols (e.g. file naming procedures). 10%
- Keep project jobs (job ticket, reference materials and proofing) and digital files organized for ease of use and efficiency; file when completed. 10%
- Assist other designers and Art Director as needed, share design ideas with other team members. 7%
- Preflight/prep press-ready files using established quality controls and upload them to the printer (where applicable). 2%
- Review one-color separations/printer proofs and inspect printed materials (when applicable). 1%
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in Graphic Design or related field, and/or equivalent design experience.
- 2-3 years of experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Agency or client-side design experience with direct marketing design.
- Ability to work on multiple projects for print and digital simultaneously.
- Willingness to take direction from and work with direct Marketing team.
- Strong organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with internal departments.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must have a portfolio to showcase.
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.