Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Marketing Operations Specialist (full-time, hourly, regular) will be instrumental in the creation of campaigns in the CRM tool and development of all customer communications lifecycle, engagement and retention initiatives, including landing pages, email, inapp message, content card and push notifications. The position entails being Marketing and Operations savvy, data-driven, and hands-on experience working with digital platforms. The Marketing Operations Specialist will work closely with the Marketing Operations Lead, potentially in the future will report to the Marketing Operations Lead. The role will also require to have a technical background so it is possible to assist the Marketing Operations Lead in creating HTML for different campaigns. The position will require to create and automate multichannel and multi segment campaigns (email, inapp, CC, push). It will also be required to create copy to ensure that our brand positioning, messaging, and tone of voice remain consistent and shine through in every communication you craft. Weekly, monthly, performance and automated reports will need to be created or updated.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist on the end-to-end production of marketing campaigns for the Lifecycle team across our communication channels including but not limited to: email, push, inapp message, content card, landing pages, App store optimization.
- Accountable for ensuring every campaign launches on time, error-free, renders flawlessly across all major clients, and matches business requirements before launching.
- Build, schedule, launch and monitor automated and ad hoc user-facing campaigns
- Exceptional QA skills prior to sending for review
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and provide enough time for approval.
- Confirm and approve specifications of different assets.
- Create performance reports demonstrating the impact of customer communications.
- Establish, report on, and improve KPIs for customer campaigns, programs and segments - regularly communicate the progress to executives and senior leaders.
- Report and document in Confluence or/and any other platform the results of the campaigns by pulling the information from the corresponding platforms.
- Collaborate with BI team to gather more in depth results of the campaigns and update the reporting.
- Create for each new campaign a Confluence page with all the screenshots of the communication so there is a cohesive view of the user experience.
- Describe in Confluence Braze campaign details and KPIs.
- Partner with Datawarehouse and engineering team members to help document all the information received by the CRM tool.
- Create HTML for emails (responsive), landing pages and custom HTML inapp messages.
- Develop copy for all the channels that conveys the unique value of the MotorTrend brand, keeping users engaged and informed.
- Basic photo edit in order to adapt it to different channels.
- Utilize design tools to create a one pager with the screenshots of the communications.
- Open to learn new technologies and platforms.
- Proactive and take the initiative to resolve issues or communicate progress.
- You’re collaborative and open to constructive feedback, and not afraid to share your point of view.
- You’re a self starter with good time management skills.
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google suite
- Figma/illustrator basic knowledge
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.