Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
This Data Visualization Engineer (Full-time, Regular, Salaried) will work with the BI data engineering team and will be responsible for collecting, analyzing and distributing data using public cloud and open source technologies and offers transparency into customer behavior and business performance.
At Motor Trend Group data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- 7+ years of experience in Data Warehousing & BI reporting
- Strong analytic skills and ability to develop, and implement analytical data models and dashboard and reports using Tableau to enable customers to analyze data and make business decisions.
- Ability to work iteratively and converts business requirements quick prototypes with different Visualization options
- Experience creating user stories in a Tableau Reporting environment
- Ability to understand core business questions needing answered
- Ability to write custom calculations (or queries) within the data visualization tool Tableau.
- Solid understanding of Tableau presentation and data layer and implementation of Security with Tableau
- Experience in rolling out Tableau as Self-service solution for large number of users
- Extensive knowledge of data warehousing and information management best practices.
- Extensive experience defining and rationalizing complex data models within data warehousing environment.
- Extensive experience in defining, implementing, and executing data analysis concepts such as profiling, lineage, impact analysis, mapping
- Hands on experience in Performance optimization, Query optimization.
- Hands on experience in Tableau reporting, Tableau server management
- Experience in Architecting Visualization / Analytics using Tableau (both extracted and live connected data sources)
- Experience in building Integration of Tableau with various data sources like Redshift, Athena, Excel, Mysql and Postgres
- Ability to consult business users to build Tableau dashboards
- This role will require collaboration with end users, project stakeholders, and support partners to identify needs, goals, metric measurements, and business models which will result in easy to understand interfaces and enable end users to quickly identify key themes within the data
- Good understanding of Relational Databases, Relational Datamodel, SQL and concepts of implementing Data Level security in RDBMS
- Experience with other BI visualization tool : PowerBI will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree – Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong background in scripting language using Python, Perl, PHP or any other language to solving data problems
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Redshift, Postgres, and MongoDb
- Familiar with Big Data tools; Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive etc
- Familiar with data exchange types and protocols (json, xml, soap, rest)
- Experience with other BI tools like Power BI, ThoughtSpot, Domo, or any other open source BI tools etc.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proficiency in SQL, data modeling, and data warehousing
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Exposure to cloud platforms (preferably AWS)
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- SQL, MySQL or other relational databases
- Tableau or any other data visualization tool
- SiteCatalyst (Omniture)/Google Analytics or any other web analytics tools experience (Nice to have)
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.