Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The QA Engineer II (Sr. QA Engineer) will help raise the quality bar of MotorTrend streaming app. QA Engineer II will be contributing to test plan development and execution of mobile applications. Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and execute test plan for MotorTrend Mobile app
- Perform black box and gray box testing to validate acceptance criteria and technical specification
- Develop and execute automated test scripts
- Identify and report issues found and track through resolution
- Work with SDE and cross-functional team to debug and troubleshoot issues
- Train and mentor QA Engineers
The ideal candidate will have a track record of having worked with multiple cross-functional teams and test activities as part of the overall product release pipeline. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a key influencer in your team’s strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgement making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative partner that makes other team members around you more productive by sharing your knowledge.
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees.
- 6+ years of experience in testing consumer facing software applications on web, mobile, and TV applications.
- Experience running automation tests
- Experience with a scripting language writing automation tests preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Extensive experience in developing and executing test plans and test cases for mobile, web, and TV applications.
- Hands-on experience in testing and troubleshooting using with available tools (e.g. network monitoring tools, debug logs, performance dashboards, etc)
- Strong understanding with QA methodologies, tools and process.
- Strong knowledge and experience with testing third party analytics libraries, such as Adobe, Mux, and New Relic.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum) and frequent release cycles.
- Exceptional Attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Atlassian Suite (JIRA/Confluence) and Slack
- Charles, Proxy, Wireshark, Postman, Selenium, Github
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.