Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Account Manager, Digital Distribution and Partnerships (full-time, salaried, regular) will create long-term, trusting relationships with strategic partners that enable the growth and development of new and current revenue and subscriber opportunities. The Account Manager will oversee a portfolio of initiative offerings, be accountable for driving pipeline cultivation and will create strategies to deliver against partner program goals and subscriber acquisition and retention KPIs . They will be a highly collaborative, data driven self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Reporting to the VP, Digital Distribution and Partnerships, the ideal candidate will effectively work with cross-functional internal teams including: Product Development, Engineering, Marketing, Ad Sales, Finance, and Business Intelligence to enable partnership initiatives and grow partner revenue.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support the VP, Digital Distribution & Partnerships with day-to-day business relationship operations for a portfolio of brand partners, licensees and digital distribution platforms
- Develop, maintain and effectively communicate the MotorTrend value proposition through slide presentations, data-driven analysis of future and current performance and product demonstrations
- Create strategies and plans for achieving weekly and monthly KPIs
- Model partnership opportunities to ensure financial targets align with company targets and KPIs
- Establish customer success needs and project manage the onboarding process to effectively grow revenue or marketing impressions
- Research the consumer marketplace, identify potential customer segments, partners and affinity groups then present findings to management on a regular basis
- Help define processes around business development and marketing that drive desired outcomes and identify improvements to maximize efficiencies
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet goals and objectives
- Attend, where appropriate, industry events in order to generate business leads.
- This position will not require supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in relevant areas
- 4 years+ of account management, business development or partner success experience in brand partnerships, video syndication, licensing, ecommerce or content distribution
- Experience working with established brands, ideally in entertainment and/or automotive.
- Significant experience, proficiency in, and passion for digital media, social media, mobile apps, and connected devices.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated track record of consistently meeting assigned goals
- Creating, negotiating and closing commercial agreements.
- Excellent negotiation skills with a proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- Proven track record of increasing revenue
- Extensive partnership deal modeling experience with strong analytical/decision making and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and thorough, with the ability to connect to the "big picture" and understand key trends and levers that drive the business
- Good understanding of the automotive space, the challenges, the types of business and potential partners
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.