We are only accepting applications from students living in the following states: CA, AZ, WA
Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
It’s the height of the streaming wars and MotorTrend’s streaming service is growing at a rapid rate. To stay competitive and at the top of our game, understanding the competitive landscape and delivering on world class campaigns is key. The Marketing Intern will have the opportunity to shift gears through our teams within Marketing, learning from different leaders and team members the various scopes that make up a corporate media marketing organization. At the end, they will conduct a deep dive on the industry and landscape to develop and present a comprehensive competitive analysis for the streaming service market. They will analyze past performance and research current best practices and proven innovations to develop and present a comprehensive report outlining recommendations for go-forward best practices and strategies for paid media and creative.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
As a Marketing Intern, your role is the perfect balance of art and science. You’ll get to;
- Develop exciting marketing campaigns that deliver measurable results.
- Assist in capturing and analyzing marketing performance metrics
- Assist in efforts to grow our customer base and strengthen retention
- Participate in the review process, gathering information and data for briefs
- Work with account teams, producers and media planners to organize, track and traffic assets across social and programmatic channels
- Run reporting for Paid Media
- Develop graphics with creative for use in campaigns
- Learn how a corporate media marketing team functions and assist marketing leadership in projects and assignments.
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- Currently enrolled to an accredited Bachelors program with an emphasis in Marketing or Business preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong desire to learn along with a professional drive
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Work is performed fully remotely from home. A laptop will be provided to you.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.