Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
*MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application process*
MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. MotorTrend Group, a Warner Bros. Discovery company, is the largest automotive media company in the world, bringing together MotorTrend TV and a vast automotive digital, direct-to-consumer, social, and live event portfolio, including MOTORTREND, HOT ROD, ROADKILL, AUTOMOBILE and more than 20 other industry-leading brands. With a monthly audience of 26 million across web, TV and print, and 110 million social followers, culminating in 1.3 billion monthly impressions across all platforms, MotorTrend Group encompasses television’s #1 network for automotive fans, a leading automotive YouTube Channel and MotorTrend+, the only subscription streaming service dedicated entirely to the motoring world. MotorTrend Group serves to embrace, entertain and empower the motoring world.
An institution in the automotive industry, we have been delivering premium content, in depth analysis, and culturally relevant material since 1949. We celebrate our heritage, while boldly looking to the future — reimagining motor entertainment for a broader, more diverse audience. MotorTrend Group has remained ahead of the automotive world and developed the single most relevant resource for any auto enthusiast and in-market shopper.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Senior Marketing Manager, CRM Lifecycle & Retention (full-time, salaried, regular) will be a strategic leader on our growing Growth & Lifecycle Marketing Team focused on the development and implementation of results-driven email, messaging, and retention strategies to drive performance for the MotorTrend SVOD offering and other important digital initiatives.
The Senior Marketing Manager, CRM Lifecycle & Retention will set the strategy and oversee the day-to-day execution of email, push notification program planning, development, approval and deployment process to drive user acquisition, engagement, and retention. This role will maintain and further develop our existing email marketing program with a focus on qualified customer database acquisition, lifecycle trigger programs and the evolution of segmentation & personalization strategies. This individual is a key contributor to driving subscribers, engagement, retention and retargeting via CRM, email and push notifications and should be results-driven with exceptional attention to detail and knowledge of email metrics and ROI analysis. In this role, you will also partner with the Product Team to architect and implement in-product customer retention strategies meant to increase lifetime value.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Define overall CRM and push notification acquisition, conversion and retention strategy; evaluate and provide ROI quantification.
- Develop strategy and conduct all aspects of automated email, push notification, in-product messaging, and direct marketing campaigns and newsletters, including creative development, production work flow, legal compliance, campaign scheduling, targeting/list selection, campaign test design (test and control, factorial design, sampling, etc.), and post-campaign analysis.
- Lead and manage customer loyalty programs, including acquisition, retention, marketing planning, offer/benefits development and customer communication
- Create and execute data driven, dynamic automated campaigns and deliver highly targeted/segmented marketing campaigns, lifecycle messages, retention/reactivation programs, and loyalty building communications
- Manage and enhance Customer Email program by managing creative, subject lines, and testing as well as adding additional programs.
- Create and execute marketing automation campaigns to drive key actions of users on MotorTrend digital properties across the customer lifecycle, with a focus on email and mobile (push, in-app) marketing
- Partner with Product Team to develop and implement retention strategy rooted in data with clear objectives and KPIs, to provide value to MotorTrend customers and drive maximum Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Drive A/B testing and multivariate testing with long-term control groups to identify impacts of full lifecycle programming
- Partner with Customer Care and Product teams to identify optimization opportunities within subscription upgrade and customer cancellation experiences
- Develop KPIs around free trial to first payment conversion of subscription product and identify key actions to retaining members to grow Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Work closely with BI on analysis and reporting on the success of programs and retention KPIs
- This position may include supervising employees where applicable. Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Cultivate a positive culture of teamwork, respect, and excellence
- Provide consistent training, support, and mentorship to team
- Clearly define roles and responsibilities, empower team members to own, execute, and achieve in their roles
- Review and approve individual timecards (as needed) and time-off requests to ensure optimal staffing levels
- Effective, fair, and consistent performance management
- Fairly and consistently ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Provide consistent and clear reporting and KPI’s of those you are managing to Sr. Leadership Teams
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Minimum 5 – 7 years in lifecycle/CRM, email marketing and/or automation marketing roles
- Experience in D2C subscription-based industry (ideally entertainment, digital, mobile, gaming or automotive)
- Extensive experience in working with an email service provider, managing a daily email/SMS campaign and reporting on results is required
- Previous experience implementing an email automation tool is required
- Experience leading and growing direct reports required
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent people skills – relationship building at all levels, impeccable communication, collaboration, patience and tact
- Solid communications/presentation skills and the ability to work in a fluid corporate work environment with multiple stakeholders
- Understanding of email fundamentals: CAN-SPAM requirements, segmentation, performance metrics, etc.
- Understanding of HTML and email design best practices across desktop, mobile and tablet
- Demonstrated success in managing high volume integrated email marketing programs for consumer audiences
- Strong understanding of customer segmentation, behavior and consumer insights
- Experience in consumer segmentations and marketing operations tools.
- Familiarity with What Counts, Braze, Adobe Campaigns, Adobe Analytics, and Branch
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to document processes and project plans clearly and effectively.
- Advanced skills in Excel (pivot tables and formulas), PowerPoint
- Proficient in Photoshop with ability to design creative a major plus
- Familiarity with Tableau a plus
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to liaise with technical, marketing and business teams
- Must have prior segmentation experience, preferably in Braze
- Must be results driven with an excellent attention to detail
- Creative problem-solver who works well as part of a team
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and schedule a high workload, efficiently
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills - particularly within large organizations
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and schedule a high workload, efficiently
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen
- Some travel is required for this position
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- ESPs – What Counts, Braze, Adobe Campaigns
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
*A warning about recruitment scams*
Unscrupulous individuals sometimes pose as MotorTrend Group recruiters and mislead jobseekers into providing sensitive personal information (such as social security numbers) or paying fees as a condition of submitting an application to MotorTrend Group or obtaining a job at MotorTrend Group. These individuals or entities posing as recruiters are not affiliated with MotorTrend Group and do not act on behalf of MotorTrend Group. Always utilize the MotorTrend Group Careers page https://boards.greenhouse.io/motortrendgroup to find available openings and whenever submitting a job application to MotorTrend Group, and know that MotorTrend Group will never ask for sensitive personal information or fees as part of your application.