Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
MotorTrend is looking for a Product Manager (full-time, salaried, regular) to join our Consumer web product team. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience in leading product initiatives from start-to finish, developing product opportunities focused on driving key metrics around user engagement, site optimization and content management workflows. The successful candidate must be detail-oriented and have a proven track record of driving web platform and CMS product improvements based in data analysis, user testing and A/B testing.
- Prioritize and oversee execution of the Consumer Web and CMS product roadmap
- Be the subject matter expert on the web platform (desktop, mobile and tablet views), and the CMS tool set to improve the overall user experience (both internal and external)
- Drive continuous improvement in user engagement, website performance, CMS usability and SEO optimization
- Draft detailed product requirements from user stories to Product Requirement Documents and serve as the key liaison between Editorial, Ad Ops, Sales, Program Management and Engineering.
- Manage the backlog and own the sprint development process from planning to release - including bug prioritization, backlog grooming, stand ups, user acceptance testing (UAT), regression and retrospectives
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
- Integrate data analytics, product metrics, user experience research, and competitive analysis, to drive prioritization of product features and enhancements
- Ensure products are in line with the overall digital strategy and support business goals
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, User Experience or related discipline with a focus on digital media and/orl product management
- 1 – 2 years digital product management experience – conceptualizing, defining, and delivering products to targeted audiences
- Specific experience with web product management and CMS workflows
- Ability to speak fluently with engineers and understand technical tradeoffs
- Experience with APIs and partner management
- Experience leading web development and API teams
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Informed decision-making skills based on best practices, analytics, industry / technology trends.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of the software product development lifecycle, analytics, reporting, and usage tracking software.
- Proven track record of balancing multiple projects at once and delivery of projects successfully on time.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly detail oriented, strong technical intuition, organized and collaborative.
- Ability to manage time and schedules with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.