Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Business Intelligence Analyst – Product Analytics (full-time, salary, regular) within Motor Trend Group is responsible for the data strategy, decisions and analytics to deliver accelerated growth and monetization through enhanced customer experiences with our products. We partner across Motor Trend App and motortrend.com digital platforms, Motor Trend Buyer’s Guide, Motor Trend Network and related Motor Trend Group digital owned & operated sites (such as Hot Rod and Automobile) on digital product, advertising, content and marketing analytics to better engage our audiences across all devices and platforms. Through the solutions we deliver, our business can more effectively personalize content, direct marketing, and target advertising to consumers on tv, mobile, desktop, and streaming devices.
The BI Analyst will be primarily supporting our Product and Tech department with the tagging specifications and performance analyses across Mobile, Web, and Connected Devices platforms. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Design and develop customer journey reports by combining insights from product analytics data with core business data to identify functional areas for improvement and optimization across the different product platforms;
- Create and maintain holistic dashboards and reports by pulling data using Adobe Analytics, Braze, Mux, and other product analytics tools related to both product behavior and business performance for business stakeholders;
- Help the product team design experiments to ensure that we will efficiently learn what we set out to learn;
- Conduct initial and ongoing audits with product rollouts to ensure the quality of captured data.
- Analyze, prepare, and publish monthly/ongoing reports on various customer tracking programs using SQL queries, data mining, trend analysis, and other appropriate methods.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal/communication skills and the ability to participate on projects with cross functional teams.
- Bachelors Degree in Economics, Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or related quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in a Product Analytics role
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools like Adobe Analytics, Mux, SQL, Braze, Tableau
- Experience with data tagging using Adobe Analytics across various platforms
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adobe Analytics, including Adobe Launch (preferred)
- Tableau or another data visualization tool
- Apptimize or another A/B testing platform
- Fiddler, Charles Proxy, Omnibug or another debugging software
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.