Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Manager, Marketing (full-time, salaried, regular) will lead in the development of custom, advertiser supported programs across MotorTrend Group. This includes working closely with various internal departments, sales, publishers and editorial teams for the purpose of developing custom integrated marketing programs. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for connecting advertising partners’ objectives to MotorTrend Group’s proposed strategies, concepts and overall activation with audience. Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading the development of custom cross-platform programs for MotorTrend Group clients connecting client objectives to proposed strategy, concepts and activation across MotorTrend Group portfolio of brands. Including, but not limited to:
- Building proposals and RFP responses
- Leading and/or participating in creative brainstorming in the development of custom integrated programs
- Working closely with Marketing Research Manager to leverage research to develop strategic approaches and recommendations
- Development of presentation materials including Power Point decks including, but not limited to, The Enthusiast Network group presentations, digital up-fronts and sales one-sheets
- Supporting the development of strategic partnerships across MotorTrend Group
- Development of strategic sales programs and the Marketing collateral to promote them
- Assisting sales with client-specific proposals and/or presentations
- Involved with assisting in the development of sold programs interacting with Marketing Project Management team. Including, but not limited to:
- Providing project management support of sold client programs
- Providing support in the creative & development of sold client programs
- Reporting out of integrated programs and campaigns and development of case studies and award submissions
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- Directly relatable experience within, and enthusiasm for, the automotive category
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field preferred
- 5+ years’ experience/education with Advertising or Marketing
- 5+ years’ experience/education with Digital/Online Technology
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proven leadership and organizational skills
- Student of marketing/advertising
- Proven ability to work independently
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proven oral and written communications skills, including knowledge of correct spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be self-motivated, possess strong initiative, and resourcefulness
- Must be detailed oriented
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Aptitude for analyzing and synthesizing research data, with the ability to build strategic “stories”
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite or equivalent, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong writing skills
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.