Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Creative Content & Sales Director, Branded Content (full-time, salaried, regular) reporting into the Group SVP, will execute on branded content solutions working closely with creative agencies, PR agencies, client direct with automotive & non-automotive brand partners by levering the assets of our MotorTrend Studios and overall media and brand expertise.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Sell creative ideas for content and branded content solutions by developing and presenting client concepts.
- Be a storyteller, specializing in custom creative and owned content.
- Responsible for client outreach and management for digital, custom/native, and fully integrated programs.
- Work closely with product and media sales distribution and execution
- Monitoring client campaigns to ensure maximum effectiveness
- Ensuring attainment of monthly, quarterly and annual budget goals
- Achieve and maintain subject-matter expertise on custom content, influencers, digital ad sales, market pricing, and competitive positioning.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the production and branded content space and the value it provides brands in the digital ecosystem
- Leverage knowledge and relationships with brands and sponsorship/media agencies to develop revenue opportunities
- Work in collaboration with internal teams (studio and ad sales marketing) in creation of branded content opportunities
- Manage client relationships from initial pitch, through transition/onboarding, onto long-term engagements of ongoing strategic management and leadership
- This position may include supervising one or more employees where applicable. Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide consistent training, support, and mentorship to team
- Review and approve individual timecards (as needed) and time-off requests to ensure optimal staffing levels
- Effective, fair, and consistent performance management
- Fairly and consistently ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- 5 years+ successful, relevant sales experience within video content and digital media.
- Proven history of strong, relationship-based strategic selling with client organizations - with an emphasis on brand-direct relationships
- Goal-oriented with proven experience in building a pipeline of new business and exceeding established financial targets
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Broad knowledge of social media, digital media, influencer-marketing and competitive set with a deep strategic understanding of marketing campaigns and media plan development
- Robust analytical skills, including market strategy and a value-based selling process
- Advanced negotiating skills Highly organized and detail-oriented
- You will have strong Marketing and production knowledge
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Proven success selling highly integrated, content-driven packages for top ad agencies and big brands/advertisers
- Aspiration to possess senior-level presence, with the ability to inspire trust and represent the company to senior executives at top ad agencies and big brands/advertisers
- Personally, build and maintain deep relationships with key advertisers (heavy focus on brand/clients and agencies).
- Strong negotiation, influencing, and customer management skills.
- High energy, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
- Roughly 25% travel will be expected
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.