Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Account Executive, Near / Non Endemic Sales (full-time, salaried, regular) will cultivate, maintain and grow an active base of national Agencies and clients delivering a broad range of media and content solutions to clients by providing innovative marketing solutions specific to the client’s brand and campaign goals. Reporting into the Director, Sales, this is an all-encompassing media sales role in the near and non-endemic sales space.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Create new relationships in key advertising categories (included but not limited to oil, tires, insurance, men’s products, travel, tourism & finance) and proactively identify new potential customers to significantly and aggressively grow the business.
- Generate revenue through the development of integrated media packages that include digital, mobile, social, experiential, content and advertising sales – new and existing business.
- Ability to represent and package MTG brands as appropriate for client solutions.
- Develop a growth plan for each category/account that includes in person visitation/sales calls as appropriate.
- Respond to RFPs and sales inquiries from new and existing customers.
- Meet annual sales goals and targets as outlined in Plan.
- Maintain relationships and favorable contacts with new and existing clients.
- Develop and deliver presentations of MTG brands and services to prospects and current clients.
This position will may include supervising one or more employees where applicable. Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide consistent training, support, and mentorship to team
- Review and approve individual timecards (as needed) and time-off requests to ensure optimal staffing levels
- Effective, fair, and consistent performance management
- Fairly and consistently ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business, Marketing, Communication, related field or equivalent experience required.
- 5 years + experience selling media, social, branded content, mobile, experiential custom solutions to media / creative agencies.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the digital market, advertising community, customer requirements and how media is bought/sold
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent customer relation skills
- Proven ability to “close” a sale to both the client and agency level
- Ability to influence individuals, groups and key decision makers
- Demonstrated accomplishments through consultative selling in expanded revenue
- Reliable – sets and meets specific performance goals, sales targets, priorities and deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Knowledge and use of interactive media planning and IO tools: MediaVisor, CRM Tools, MediaRadar, WinMo, Atlas
- Familiarity with DART and digital advertising
- Excellent time management.
- Heavy ability for attention to detail.
- Proactive problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Effective project management skills.
- First-class client service.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to self-motivate.
- Patient and adaptable.
- Entrepreneurial and team-oriented spirit.
- The ability to sit for prolonged period-of-time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- MediaVisor, Atlas, etc.
- Elan (Similar to Salesforce)
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
- Roughly 25% travel should be expected.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.