Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Manager, Production Finance (full-time, salaried, regular) is the point person for third-party production payroll and responsible for its accuracy and reconciliation to show budgets and finances. As a member of the MotorTrend Studio team, this hands-on position must work with Producers and managers to ensure the accuracy of the third-party payroll vendor, including on and offboarding of production staff, research any discrepancies, auditing, corrections, and reconciliation review. The Manager, Production Finance will work with various teams throughout to the Company to provide timely and accurate information. Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Serve as the main point of contact between the Company, production staff, and the third-party payroll vendor. Ensuring the relationship between all parties is productive and amiable.
- Managing and reviewing production staff budget and payroll and ensuring payroll guidelines are met.
- Ensuring all production staff are paid accurately by the third-party payroll vendor and per project budget.
- Auditing department payroll on a weekly basis to ensure proper accounting for all shows.
- Reviewing weekly payroll reports from the third-party payroll company and correcting any errors before report distribution.
- Managing full-cycle pre-production staffing, not limited to setting up initial crew paperwork, onboarding, assigning crew to project/production, while ensuring all staff are compliantly onboarded and insured.
- Provide actualization reports and running updated production schedules on a weekly basis and as needed.
- Maintain accurate documents for each show, working with Producers and team on file management.
- For each show episode, work with Producer to distribute final paid timecards for budget actuals and wrap.
- Track, manage, and report any additional costs/expenses incurred by the Studio.
- Report all production payroll discrepancies.
- Assign, track, and ensure expense coding per episode is approved and accurate.
- Ensure payroll procedures are adhered to and in a timely manner.
This position may include supervising one or more employees where applicable. Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide consistent training, support, and mentorship to team
- Review and approve individual timecards (as needed) and time-off requests to ensure optimal staffing levels
- Effective, fair, and consistent performance management
- Fairly and consistently ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- 2+ years of prior experience in a similar role.
- Experience in finance and accounting management.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Deep understanding of payroll, invoicing, and billing
- Knowledgeable of industry standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills/scheduling
- Ability to work high pressure situations and thrive
- Ability to multi-task
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude at all times
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Third-party payroll software
- Google suite
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.