Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Growth Marketing Manager – Funnel Optimization (full-time, salaried, regular) will be a strategic leader on MotorTrend’s growing Marketing Team focused on driving increased business performance for the MotorTrend SVOD offering and other important digital initiatives through testing and optimization of the consumer funnel on all platforms. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter with a performance marketing/eCommerce background who thinks creatively and analytically to drive growth.
The Growth Marketing Manager – Funnel Optimization will be the subject matter expert on the customer journey for MotorTrend’s streaming service across all platforms, working tirelessly to optimize performance and conversion rates.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Create a vision and strategy for new customer pathways to conversion, including new landing pages, storefront optimization, in-product messaging and sampling, special promotional offers,
- Analyze performance metrics for the full customer journey, from ad exposure to landing page, free trial conversion, and roll-to-pay across all available platforms
- Lead the testing and optimization efforts the conversion funnel for web/mobile web, connected devices, and mobile platforms prioritizing those tests that will drive the biggest impact to the business
- Partner with Product, Marketing, Business Intelligence, Creative, Paid Media, and Consumer Insights teams to customize the user experience.
- Maximize landing page, site and funnel experiences by identifying trends, customer insights, opportunities to scale customized experiences, and new areas to test
- Develop and improve the process for testing page design and messaging, including maintaining a full testing pipeline, prioritizing tests, and balancing test risk with potential impact
- Drive the A/B testing program with a focus on implementing strategies that improve conversion rates – install conversion and subscription conversion
- Partner with the Creative, Business Intelligence, and Product Team to prioritize a roadmap and operationalize a testing calendar
- Work with the Product Team and the Paid Media Team to enhance landing page capabilities and develop, test, and launch leading site experiences that connect to advertising strategies
- Develop, manage and deliver website testing strategy and online optimization roadmap of tests (including headlines, copy, value propositions, and calls to action to improve conversions
- Manage ASO strategy working with the internal Product Team and an external ASO partner to execute ongoing testing and optimization efforts for Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the design of experiments including test structure, sequencing, the definition of primary and secondary success metrics, and experiment duration calculations
- Manage multiple and concurrent test projects, keep them on schedule and within scope
- Configure and use website analytics and testing platforms to measure the performance of experiments
- Monitor performance KPIs for changes in trends, share insights, make recommendations to the Marketing Team
- Provide insights by gathering qualitative and quantitative user feedback via multiple formats (usertesting.com, onsite live feedback, apptimize, usability hub, heat maps, adobe analytics etc.)
- Read, document and communicate results and recommendations of all initiatives and A/B tests to stakeholders and senior leaders regularly
- Partner with Product Team in the creation of new conversion funnels, landing pages, and consumer marketing-related products to help grow the business
- Manage existing consumer-facing properties, helping to optimize conversion funnels and maintain high performing landing pages
- This position does not currently have supervising responsibilities.
- BA/BS in Marketing/Business/Statistics/Mathematics, or related degree, MBA Preferred
- 5+ years of experience in digital marketing and eCommerce with an emphasis in the video, digital, subscription, and /or mobile space
- 5+ years of experience building and executing site testing and/or ASO programs
- Expertise in conversion rate optimization, ideally for a D2C, subscription-based streaming video service
- Strong proficiency and passion for iterative testing (A/B testing, multi-page testing, multivariate testing)
- Web conversion, landing page conversion, and mobile conversion optimization experience
- Experience in D2C subscription-based industry (ideally entertainment, digital, mobile, gaming or automotive)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Extensive, hands-on landing page, site, and funnel optimization experience
- Deep understanding of consumer behavior and generating consumer insights through data analysis
- Deep knowledge of the ASO and A/B site testing
- Ability to successfully partner with Product Team to develop, run, and optimize web and ASO tests to drive increase in conversion rates
- Detail-oriented, value clean tests, and documentation to share learnings
- Extensive experience with testing and optimizing media strategies including creative, channels, target audiences
- Understanding of mobile storefront testing and optimization including experience with 3rd Party Testing Platforms as well as Google Play tools
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Analytics or similar analytics suite
- Ability to leverage analytics and complex models to make data-driven decisions, create and execute optimizations that improve acquisition KPI’s
- Strong affinity for data, testing and optimization
- Proficiency in key web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics), web testing platforms (e.g. Optimizely, Apptimize, Adobe Target etc.)
- Experience setting up, running ASO tests with partners like StoreMaven as well as in Google Developers Console
- Proficiency in excel and data analysis, probability, and statistics
- Experience with analytics tools and web traffic reporting, and ability to do deep data analysis and drive recommendations to senior leadership
- Self-starter and learner with a hands-on approach
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- Ability to turn complex data and insights into easily understood data stories
- Microsoft Office: Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point, and Word Office
- Microsoft Excel: Pivot tables, SQL a bonus
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- App Annie
- Google Developers Console and Apple App Store Connect
- App Annie
- Position is remote until at least Spring 2021 then located in El Segundo, CA office
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.