Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Manager, Growth Marketing and Partnerships (full-time, salaried, regular) will support the Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing in the planning and execution of fully integrated marketing strategies and plans for campaigns, promotions, and key partnerships as well as consumer funnel optimization to aggressively grow the subscriber base for MotorTrend’s streaming video service and other important MotorTrend Group business initiatives. The ideal candidate must be a highly collaborative, proactive, data driven self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support Senior Director in the planning and execution of marketing plans for campaigns, strategic partnership programs, and promotions focused on acquiring subscribers for the streaming service as well as for other MotorTrend Group business initiatives.
- Own the management and execution of assigned campaigns and programs including planning, developing decks and briefs, managing creative development and delivery, tracking, reporting, and analysis.
- Work with Product Team in the creation of new conversion funnels, landing pages, and consumer marketing-related products to help grow the business.
- Partner with Senior Director and Product Team on testing and optimizing the conversion funnel for web/mobile web, connected devices, and mobile platforms including ASO.
- Educate, excite and drive interest and excitement for the MotorTrend business, content launches and sustain, acquisition marketing campaigns, and promotions with key partners, team members and stakeholders through compelling presentations and pitches to define and secure partnership opportunities as well as define marketing strategies that drive results across owned and operated channels.
- Partner with creative teams and agencies as needed to produce best-in-class marketing materials and advertising creative including marketing plans and presentations, trailers and video assets, digital and social ads, content marketing pieces, linear spots, event activations, and print ads.
- Cultivate strong relationships with and support Senior Director as a key marketing point of contact for platform partners globally (Apple, Google, Amazon, Roku, etc.) to build early and sustained excitement for content launches and marketing campaigns to develop volume-driving partnership promotional strategy with meaningful programs and placements.
- Analyze market trends and recommend changes to marketing strategies based on analysis and feedback
Be the expert on all assigned campaigns and programs to best plan and maximize communication, opportunities, and placements to acquire subscribers.
- Partner closely with internal PR, integrated marketing, social media and cross-functional teams to develop and implement marketing plans
- Analyze performance of all marketing campaigns to evaluate success and to regularly identify areas for optimization
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Media, or Communications; MBA preferred.
- 5 years of experience planning and executing marketing campaigns for digital consumer products (apps, games, subscription services) for entertainment brands.
- Experience with subscription services and SVOD products a plus.
- Minimum 4+ years of digital marketing, partnership marketing, mobile marketing, and/or SVOD marketing experience preferably including brand management, product marketing, and acquisition experience.
- Experience working with platform partners (Apple, Google, Amazon, Roku) including established contacts and relationships.
- Experience working with established brands, ideally in entertainment and/or automotive.
- Significant experience, proficiency in, and passion for digital media, social media, mobile apps, and connected devices.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proven track record in creating and delivering successful and results-driven marketing campaigns (most immediately but not limited to store merchandising and featuring on partner platforms, digital marketing channels, e.g. mobile on-device advertising, special offers and promotions, SEM, social media, email campaigns).
- Excellent people skills – relationship building, impeccable communication, collaboration, patience and tact
Solid understanding of customer path to purchase, and direct marketing KPIs, such as CPI, CPA and LTV.
- Strength in analytical/problem solving skills with a data driven approach to marketing.
- Ability to implement strategic partnership marketing as well as daily marketing execution and optimization.
- The ability to be a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide others when necessary with a proactive attitude, and ability to effectively work independently and remotely as well as in a team environment.
- Highly detailed and organized.
- Excellent communications (oral and written) skills.
- Strong problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Strong technical aptitude and quick learning ability.
- Personality suited to handle responsibility, leadership and deadlines under pressure.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are critical with solid presentation skills and an ability to clearly articulate strategy, objectives, tactics, analysis and results along with rationale.
- Exceptional time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects with changing priorities
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Position is remote until Spring 2021
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.