Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Studio Systems Administrator (full-time, salaried, regular) will support the asset management project management of the company and assist with Studio IT needs. Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage and continue the development of Studio Digital Asset Management system
- Manage the archiving and retrieving of completed projects to tape back-up and offsite storage when applicable.
- Maintenance and development of pipeline software tools related to project management and asset management.
- Support Mac and PC imaging and deployment
- Assist with maintaining and managing Avid\Isilon storage, servers, workstations and networking.
- Research and procurement of new technology (hardware and software)
- Understanding of network, server and application (both locally installed, and web based) troubleshooting
- React quickly and efficiently to production impacting issues to assist in continuous workflow within the production pipelined
- Supporting/troubleshooting tier 1, 2, and 3 technical issues ensuring smooth running of entire facility.
- Assist in management of Active Directory based authentication, the creation, organization, and health of user accounts, and GPO.
- Proactive in providing unprompted assistance during any crisis
- Track open issues/requests and provide constant updates
- After obtaining approval, submits IT Tickets to MTG Procurement and follows up on them through completion
- Must stay in close communication with Head of IT
- Must maintain a flexible work schedule
- Must be able to perform tasks with minimal oversight and other duties as assigned
- Must maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times
- This position may include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in related study or equivalent experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of Digital Asset Management systems
- Strong understanding of Project Management systems
- Strong knowledge of Non-Linear Editing Platforms
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment
- Understanding of multiple operating systems
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong ability to problem solve
- Proficient knowledge of the following operating systems: Windows 7 - 10, Mac OS 10.8.5-Latest, Windows 2012.
- Proficient knowledge of the following common production applications: MS Office 2013,16, and O365, Adobe Cloud
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, and Enterprise Active Directory
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice
- No regular travel required
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.