Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up everyday intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Senior Product Manager (full-time, salaried, regular) will have ownership of MotorTrend’s OTT product pod with responsibility for our Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, and PlayStation streaming platforms. Ideal candidates should have experience independently setting and executing against an OTT SVOD & AVOD product roadmap, managing a team of UX designers and front end/back end developers, and driving measurable key performance indicators. In addition, candidates should have a passion for creating customer-centric products, a strong background in product management, an analytic mindset, excellent communication skills and an eye for building customer experiences that will delight our users.
- Gather business requirements and customer needs from stakeholders and translate into best-in-class OTT app experiences.
- Prioritize and oversee execution of the cross-platform OTT app product roadmap
- Drive continuous improvement in acquisition, conversion, engagement, and retention metrics
- Develop feature definition through detailed requirements and user stories
- Conduct A/B tests and perform other quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
- Integrate data analytics, product metrics, user experience research, and competitive analysis, to drive prioritization of product features and enhancements
- Ensure products are in line with the overall digital strategy and support business goals
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees.
- Requires a B.A/B.S, preferably in a business or technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years working in a software development environment.
- Experience working closely with software engineers in an Agile environment.
- Experience leading software development for connected devices including Roku, Amazon fire and PlayStation.
- Experience in Advertising Video on Demand (AVOD) an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Passion for ongoing learning and ability to successfully operate in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of all aspects of the software product development lifecycle, analytics, reporting, and usage tracking software.
- Proven track record of balancing multiple projects at once and delivery of projects successfully on time.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly detail oriented, strong technical intuition, organized and collaborative.
- Ability to manage time and schedules with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.