Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendGroup
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager (full-time, salary, regular) to help build out and support MotorTrend’s world-class digital ad products portfolio. MotorTrend is actively working to innovate new products and to bring fresh capabilities to the market for AVOD and display advertising.
This role involves driving the management of ad products throughout the product lifecycle: from strategy through to launch and support. The Ad Product Manager will work with key stakeholders from groups across the company – senior leadership, product, edit, video, revenue operations, marketing, sales and more. Ultimately, the position is meant to play an integral role in driving revenue.
Lead product strategy, roadmap planning and KPIs for MotorTrend ad experiences for new ad formats
- Liaise and collaborate to evolve and optimize current ad product offerings and to identify new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Collaborate closely with ad sales and cross-functional stakeholders to define and develop new advertising opportunities that maximize business value without impeding user engagement
- Update and evangelize the Ad Product Playbook across video, display and branded ad solutions.
- Understand ad sales requirements, competitive landscape, and best practices to drive revenue and roadmap prioritization
- Lead feature development through the full software lifecycle, including discovery, ideation, requirements, design, build, release, testing, evaluation and iteration
- Evaluate the strategic potential of third-party organizations and vendors; build and maintain relationships with selected partners.
- Create and deliver winning executive presentations that explain product vision, features and roadmaps and manage senior stakeholder expectations
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to inform feature prioritization, definition and longer-term product strategies
- This position may include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide consistent training, support, and mentorship to team
- Review and approve individual timecards (as needed) and time-off requests to ensure optimal staffing levels
- Effective, fair, and consistent performance management
- Fairly and consistently ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- [further supervisory duties/responsibilities, if applicable]
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two to three years product development/digital advertising experience working with a publisher, agency, or software company, preferably with a background in one or more types of advertising: social, e-commerce, programmatic, influencer, display, native or video.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Results-oriented self-starter and creative problem solver who is eager to get involved and do whatever it takes to get the job done well.
- Dependable project management skills with a focus on making progress manifest and on delivering tangible results.
- Excellent time management skills – must handle multiple responsibilities and consistently meet deadlines with the ability to adapt to evolving responsibilities and last-minute changes.
- Strong skills in both writing and speaking – and preferably comfortable addressing large groups and speaking extemporaneously.
- We seek a team player who is collaborative, resourceful, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, adept at communicating to groups (small and large), and wants to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.