Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Business Improvement Lead (Full time, salaried, regular) is a dynamic professional who will be is responsible for supporting the various initiatives led by operations team. Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage the Roster of Business Consultations & Cross Functional Initiatives
- Support Business Transformation Teams and Operations Leadership in the use of tools and templates, the project process, and approvals; aiding in the successful delivery of the portfolio of projects.
- Maintain project status and documentation, tools and templates, document libraries, knowledge resources, and project sites.
- Oversee the project timeline to ensure Leadership actively takes timely decisions
- Work with the VP of Operations to establish and rollout Project Best Practices; including artifact requirements, management of change, cross-functional integration & awareness and general project management methodologies.
- Support the development of portfolio and project metrics; own the downstream results and continued reporting.
- Maintain the Operations Team Database
- This position will not] include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- Bachelors Degree in business or similar field.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Process orientation: Very process driven with a general understanding of project management methodologies and frameworks and best practices
- Agility: Flexible change advocate, quick learner, and able to continuously drive improvement
- Communication: Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with multiple layers of management, keeping stakeholders well-informed on a regular cadence; effective written and verbal communication skills
- Business results orientation: Proactive, high attention to detail, efficient, well organized and possesses the ability to identify risks and drive associated solutions
- Teamwork and Relationship Management: Team player, builds and maintains effective working relationships,
- Prioritization: Effectively prioritizes tasks, requires minimal supervision and escalates or seeks advice when problems surface in order to accomplish overall goals
- Advanced level of knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.