Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
The Director of Product Management will help drive the strategy, product definition, and overall delivery of the company’s expanding digital experience, specifically focused on MotorTrend’s suite of apps, connected devices, web/mobile web properties. The successful candidate has demonstrated experience in leading product initiatives from start-to-finish, developing product opportunities aligned to business and revenue goals, identifying market conditions and emerging trends, and managing multiple stakeholders and priorities. The ideal candidate will have proven experience leading web products and SEO optimizations, especially in a mobile-first environment using a data-backed approach.
- Develop, prioritize, and oversee the execution product strategy/vision, with a mind toward user focus and business benefit across our portfolio of brands
- Integrate data analytics, product metrics, user experience research, and competitive analysis, to drive prioritization of product features and enhancements
- Lead product teams, including customer research, UX, QA, Engineering, in the discovery process to define optimal customer experiences that will delight our users
- Evaluate trends and KPI’s post launch and leverage these insights to inform product decisions for future phases
- Translate your strategic roadmap into detailed requirements, user stories, and specifications
- Align key stakeholders on web and SEO strategy
- Drive continuous improvement of acquisition, engagement, and retention metrics
- Bachelor's in business, computer science, information technology, engineering, or related field. Masters degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years digital media product management experience – conceptualizing, defining, and delivering products to targeted audiences.
- Ability to speak fluently with engineers and understand technical tradeoffs
- Specific experience with mobile app, video, OTT development.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Informed decision making skills based on best practices, analytics, industry / technology trends.
- High energy, strong collaborative team player, technical intuition, creative thinker and strategic influencer.
- Demonstrated experience playing a leadership role across a broad set of cross-functional technical and business teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Great track record of driving product improvements through data based decision making through user testing, data analysis, and A/B testing
- Ability to manage time and schedules with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.