Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Content Coordinator (full-time, hourly) will master the operations of and coordinate using the MotorTrend Group Editorial Services dashboard tool, a Smartsheet-based platform designed to help streamline the group’s editorial operations.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Input & assign work tasks, create digital project files, manage calendars within the dashboard tool
- Monitor status & due dates of elements being created by various editorial teams and maintain constant contact with MotorTrend Group editors/department staff in order to effectively manage process
- Management of internal resources to ensure that work is being completed according to timeline and quality standards and maintenance of project documentation and files
- Ensure proper archiving of editorial assets
- Proactively help develop and iterate on the dashboard based on feedback from the greater team
- Train new editors and continually help educate existing editors on nuances of and upgrades to the tool
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- This position will not include supervising employees.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Experience in managing workflow processes desired
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Baseline understanding of the automotive industry a plus
- Familiarity with Smart Sheet and related content management tools a plus
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and time-management skills
- Ability to work quickly and meet tight deadlines
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Wordpress tool
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.