Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Marketing Manager, Partnerships (Streaming Service) (full-time, salaried, regular) will develop, plan, and execute the platform and B2B partnership marketing strategies for MotorTrend’s streaming video service and digital businesses. The candidate must be passionate about mobile marketing and the publishing ecosystem and growing business through platform and partnership strategies and optimization. The Partnership Marketing Manager will be a highly collaborative, global-minded, data driven self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment.
As Partnership Marketing Manager, the ideal candidate has the ability to tune into the market landscape, process consumer insights, identify data-driven trends to inform marketing strategy and execution for partnership programs, then effectively work with external stakeholders and cross-functional teams to implement and drive results. The Partnership Marketing Manager will work closely with the Product Development Team, Mobile Platform Distribution Partners, High-Profile External Business Partners, Key Partners within MotorTrend and Discovery, Inc., colleagues on the Marketing Team, Global Partners, and Executive Stakeholders to define, launch, test, measure, and optimize all marketing efforts for partnership programs.
The Partnership Marketing Manager is expected to possess a wide set of skills including extensive experience working with platform partners (mobile, connected devices, etc.), partner campaign strategy and execution, consumer journey, creative direction, rigorous analysis, identification of opportunities for optimization, application and management of optimizations, frequent and excellent communication, collaboration with others throughout the organization, and ongoing self-education, all accomplished with a highly productive work ethic, supporting demeanor, and the highest levels of professionalism.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead partnership and platform marketing strategy and execution for MotorTrend’s video streaming service and digital products
- Work closely with VP, Marketing Distribution & Partnerships, Marketing Team, and Product Team to ensure goals and priorities are aligned
- Educate, excite and drive interest and excitement for marketing campaigns and initiatives with key partners through compelling presentations and pitches to secure partnership promotional opportunities customized that drive results
- Cultivate strong relationships with and act as marketing point of contact for platform partners globally (Apple, Google, Amazon, Roku, etc.) to build early and sustained excitement for content launches and marketing campaigns to develop volume-driving partnership promotional strategy with meaningful programs and placements
- Work with VP, Marketing Distribution & Partnerships as well as key B2B partners and act as the key marketing lead on the development and execution of impactful B2B partnerships
- Partner with Product Team and Marketing Team to implement partnership programs including marketing strategy, assets, and materials as well as consumer flows
- Create sales-ready tools, including high-quality, market-facing presentations and assets to for use in partner presentations
- Analyze performance of partnership strategies and make data-driven optimizations to maximize results of programs
- Be the expert on platform partnership marketing – communication, opportunities, placements, specs, etc.
- Provide partnership marketing guidance rooted in consumer and competitive insights to inform content and the product development process
- Travel to attend and/or pitch at partner presentations and meetings and build relationships with key partners and contacts
- This position will not include supervising employees
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area – marketing, communications, business
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Minimum 4+ years of digital marketing, partnership marketing, mobile marketing, and/or SVOD marketing experience preferably including brand management, product marketing, and acquisition experience
- Experience marketing mobile titles and subscription services, preferably in entertainment
- Experience working with platform partners (Apple, Google, Amazon, Roku) including established contacts and relationships
- Possess strong people skills: this includes positive leadership abilities, collaboration, patience and tact
- Ability to implement strategic partnership marketing as well as daily marketing execution and optimization
- Experience working with established brands, ideally in entertainment and/or automotive
- Passionate about mobile gaming, apps and the mobile industry, specifically entertainment, automotive or sports
- Extensive experience with iOS and Android app partnership marketing
- Significant experience, proficiency in, and passion for digital media, social media, mobile apps, and connected devices
- Proven track record in creating and delivering successful and results-driven partnership marketing campaigns (most immediately but not limited to store merchandising and featuring on partner platforms, digital marketing channels, e.g. mobile on-device advertising, special offers and promotions, SEM, social media, email campaigns)
- Ability to effectively communicate and “sell” strategies to high-priority partners
- Excellent communications (oral and written) skills
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google Developers Console and Apple App Store Connect
- App Annie
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.