Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Senior Marketing Manager, CRM Lifecycle & Retention (full-time, salaried, regular) will be a strategic leader on our growing Growth Marketing Team focused on the development and implementation of results-driven customer communications and retention programs to drive performance for the MotorTrend SVOD offering and other important digital initiatives.
The Senior Marketing Manager, CRM Lifecycle & Retention will manage the day-to-day email and push notification program planning, development, approval and deployment process to drive user acquisition and engagement. This role maintains and further develops our existing email marketing programs with a focus on qualified customer database acquisition, lifecycle trigger programs and the evolution of segmentation & personalization strategies. This individual is a key contributor to driving subscribers, engagement, retention and retargeting via CRM, email and push notifications and should be results-driven with exceptional attention to detail and knowledge of email metrics and ROI analysis. In this role, you will also partner with the Product Team to architect and implement in-product customer retention strategies meant to increase lifetime value.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Define overall CRM and push notification acquisition, conversion and retention strategy; evaluate and provide ROI quantification.
- Develop strategy and conduct all aspects of email, push notification, and direct marketing campaigns and newsletters, including production work flow, legal compliance, campaign scheduling, targeting/list selection, campaign test design (test and control, factorial design, sampling, etc.), and post-campaign analysis.
- Lead and manage customer loyalty programs, including acquisition, retention, marketing planning, offer/benefits development and customer communication.
- Create and execute data driven, dynamic automated campaigns and deliver highly targeted/segmented marketing campaigns, lifecycle messages, retention/reactivation programs, and loyalty building communications.
- Manage and enhance Customer Email program by managing creative, subject lines, and testing as well as adding additional programs.
- Create and execute marketing automation campaigns to drive key actions of users on MotorTrend digital properties across the customer lifecycle, with a focus on email and mobile (push, in-app) marketing
- Partner with Product Team to develop and implement retention strategy rooted in data with clear objectives and KPIs, to provide value to MotorTrend customers and drive maximum Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Drive A/B testing and multivariate testing with long-term control groups to identify impacts of full lifecycle programming.
- Partner with Customer Care and Product teams to identify optimization opportunities within subscription upgrade and customer cancellation experiences.
- Develop KPIs around free trial to first payment conversion of subscription product and identify key actions to retaining members to grow Lifetime Value (LTV).
- Work closely with BI on analysis and reporting on the success of programs and retention KPIs.
- This position will include supervising one or more employees where applicable. Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide consistent training, support, and mentorship to team
- Review and approve individual timecards (as needed) and time-off requests to ensure optimal staffing levels
- Effective, fair, and consistent performance management
- Fairly and consistently ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Provide consistent and clear reporting and KPI’s of those you are managing to Sr. Leadership Teams
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Minimum 5 – 7 years in lifecycle/CRM, email marketing and/or automation marketing roles
- Experience in D2C subscription-based industry (ideally entertainment, digital, mobile, gaming or automotive)
- Prior experience in working with an email service provider, managing a daily email/SMS campaign and reporting on results is required
- Previous experience implementing an email automation tool is required
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and the ability to work in a fluid corporate work environment with multiple stakeholders
- Understanding of email fundamentals: CAN-SPAM requirements, segmentation, performance metrics, etc.
- Understanding of HTML and email design best practices across desktop, mobile and tablet
- Demonstrated success in managing high volume integrated email marketing programs for consumer audiences
- Strong understanding of customer segmentation, behavior and consumer insights
- Must have experience in consumer segmentation experience and marketing operations tools
- Familiarity with What Counts, Braze, Adobe Campaign and Branch
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to document processes and project plans clearly and effectively
- Advanced skills in Excel (pivot tables and formulas), PowerPoint and Google suite
- Experience with a major CRM platform
- Familiarity with Tableau a plus
- Ability to liaise with technical, marketing and business teams
- Must be results driven with an excellent attention to detail
- Creative problem-solver who works well as part of a team
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and schedule a high workload, efficiently
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills - particularly within large organizations
- Previous experience managing direct reports
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen
- Some travel may be required for this position
- Occasional work during non-standard hours may be needed due to nature of the business and deployment times
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google Suite
- ESPs – What Counts, Braze, Adobe Campaign
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned