Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Order Entry Specialist (full-time, non-exempt, hourly) is the key support role for MTG order entry for all print, digital, event and production sales proposals. This role is responsible for entering, maintaining and updating advertising orders working closely with account executives, account managers, sales coordinators, media planners, ad operations, campaign managers and finance.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Enter and update all orders generated from the CRM via a proposal.
- Reviews insertion order deliverables. Elevates any non-MTG billable components (i.e., linear, Discovery digital)
- Ensures signed contracts and insertion orders are received for all orders.
- Attaches all documentation to proposals and contracts.
- Ensures rep assignments, bill-to and account/brands are entered correctly.
- Works with Finance on any questions regarding use of ad types and ratecards.
- Ensures all billing terms and schedules are set correctly and approved by finance.
- Works with client services to update information on accounts to include address changes, rep assignments, prepay requirements.
- Communicates credit hold/stop information to sales rep and client services discovered during order entry.
- Monitor receipt of revised insertion orders and adjust accordingly. Communicates changes to campaign managers and ad ops.
- Works with ad ops to accurately enter digital insertion orders to port to GAM.
- Works with campaign managers to enter digital campaign optimizations.
- Works with campaign managers and finance to enter actuals for digital campaigns and prepare for billing.
- Works with Finance to adjust orders based on revenue allocation changes.
- Responsible for the cancellation of orders working with sales, ad ops and finance to include order entry errors, quote status orders and client cancellations to ensure data integrity.
- Responsible for all revenue share, data partner, programmatic, etc. order entry working with digital sales.
- Ensures accuracy and adherence to company policies in all aspects of order entry.
- Works with client services team on special projects to include account merges and data clean-up.
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- Experience/education with Advertising.
- Experience/education with Digital/Online Technology.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Able to interact professionally and comfortably with internal departments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite or equivalent, specifically Excel.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to identify problems and solutions, streamline systems and set standards.
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.