Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Studio Systems Administrator (full-time, salaried, regular) will support the facility and IT needs. Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Maintain and manage Avid\Isilon storage, servers, workstations and networking.
• Supporting/troubleshooting tier 1, 2, and 3 technical issues ensuring smooth running of entire facility.
• Manage Active Directory based authentication, the creation, organization, and health of user accounts, and GPO.
• Maintenance and development of pipeline software tools.
• Overseeing and confirming all software has proper licensing in place.
• Research and procurement of new technology (hardware and software)
• Help with archiving and retrieving of completed projects to tape back-up and offsite storage when applicable.
• Create and support Mac and PC imaging and deployment
• Must understand network, server and application (both locally and installed and web based) troubleshooting
• React quickly and efficiently to production impacting issues to assist in continuous workflow within the production pipeline
• Proficient knowledge of the following operating systems: Windows 7 - 10, Mac OS 10.8.5-Latest, Windows 2012.
• Proficient knowledge of the following common production applications: MS Office 2013,16, and O365, Adobe Cloud, enough to troubleshoot plugins like Sapphire, Lenscare, Optical flares, etc.
• Has extensive understanding of networking and network troubleshooting, patching, RJ45 cabling, etc.
• Possesses an understanding of multi-tiered application environment appropriate to our Studio pipeline
• Proactive in providing unprompted assistance during any crisis
• Track open issues/requests and provide constant updates
• Must backup and Archive storage to maintain workflow.
• After obtaining approval, submits IT Tickets to MTG Procurement and follows up on them through completion
• Must stay in close communication with Head of IT
• Must maintain a flexible work schedule
• Must be able to perform tasks with minimal oversight and other duties as assigned
• Must maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times
• This position may include supervising one or more employees where applicable.]
• Bachelor Degree in related study or equivalent experience
• 3+ years System Administration
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Preferred 2+ years’ experience in a similar “VFX” type position
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Self-starter and motivator
• Ability to work alone and in a team environment
• Understanding of multiple operating systems
• Task oriented
• Reliable and professional
• Excellent time management skills
• Strong ability to problem solve
• Preferred 3+ years’ experience diagnosing software and hardware faults
• The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
• Ability to lift up to 30lbs
• Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Windows Server 2008, 2012, and Enterprise Active Directory
• Work Environment:
• Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
• Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice
• No regular travel required
• NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.