Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
The Associate Photographer (full-time, salaried, regular) will be expected to perform the following primary duties and responsibilities:
· Produce static and action automotive-centric photography for use across MotorTrend Group platforms: print, social, web.
· Edit and curate new and existing photography, including manufacturer- and contributor-supplied stock.
· File photos under tight deadlines.
· Collaborate with Creative Director, Photography Director, and brand editors on creative direction and logistical needs of assigned photo shoots.
· Scout potential photo locations and travel to photo shoots as necessary.
· Maintain an accessible archive of your work and a manageable asset workflow.
· Assist and support other staff and freelance photographers as necessary.
· This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
· Fine arts discipline with concentration in creative photography, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in professional photography is desired, preferably in the automotive or consumer product industries.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
· Ability to produce compelling editorial automotive imagery.
· Current knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
· Proficiency in current Canon SLR platforms.
· Strong attention to detail, with the ability to work cooperatively with a variety of writers, editors, videographers, and other photographers.
· Knowledge of, and interest in, new and vintage automobiles, automotive culture, automotive history, and the automotive industry is strongly desired, or the desire to cultivate such interests.
· Excellent email, telephone, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Able to contribute ideas, take direction, and be a team player.
· Must be organized with ability to prioritize under stress, work overtime when deadlines loom, and meet the requirements of web and print production cycles.
· The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
· Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Photoshop and Lightroom
· Canon EOS bodies and lenses
· Profoto Lighting Equipment
· Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.