Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendGroup
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Sr Software Engineer – PHP WordPress (Full-Time, Salaried, Regular) to join our CMS team to help develop the Content Publishing web applications. You will be responsible for architecting and implementing modern CMS solutions for problems of scale. You will provide input, oversight, and direction for the integration of WordPress plugins, extensions, third party libraries and API’s. You will consult on overall frontend/backend architecture and strategy, and enforce standards, best practices, and modern development conventions. You will work closely with stakeholders, such as UX, Editorial, Ads Ops, Business Intelligent, Product and Sales teams to deliver the best possible customer experience.
· This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
· BA/BS in a Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent professional experience.
· 3-5 years WordPress experience with development using PHP, HTML5, and CSS3/SASS.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Experience with TDD/BDD and various unit/integration testing libraries for PHP and JavaScrip
• Strong experience with emerging CSS standards, best practices, and preprocessors.
• Experience with WordPress development for high-traffic, high-availability websites, including custom themes, plugins, and the use of native WordPress functions over regular PHP functions.
• Knowledge and experience in mobile-first responsive frontend implementations for cross-device compatibility.
• Strong experience turning mocks and wireframes into pixel perfect user interfaces.
• Experience integrating 3rd party API’s, libraries, and frameworks.
• Knowledge and experience optimizing websites and web apps for speed
• Knowledge and experience integrating 3rd party API’s, libraries, and frameworks
• Knowledge and experience with third party analytics libraries like Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics.
• Knowledge and experience with class inheritance, composition, and popular design patterns.
• Knowledge and experience with modern development tools like ES6/Babel, Webpack, NodeJS, NPM a plus
• Experience working in an Agile delivery environment (Scrum) is a must.
• Experience with source code management using GIT, various workflows, and popular branching models.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
· Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.