Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendGroup Opens in New Window
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
We are looking for QA Engineer with web technology expertise to help raise the quality bar of Motor Trend Group’s web applications.
You’ll be responsible for quality and testing VOD/OTT web application (MotorTrendOnDemand.com), and automotive media websites (MotorTrend.com, Hotrod.com, etc.) to ensure our digital product meet the highest quality standards possible.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Perform manual and automated testing for web applications and websites.
· Design and create test cases, peer-review test cases written by others
· Create automated tests within an existing automation framework
· Execute testing and reviews that include functional, integration, analytics testing, UI conformity, for finding, documenting, and tracking bugs through to resolution.
· Participate in reviews of product requirements, use cases, user stories, and functional requirements to prepare test plans in compliance with QA best practices and standards
· Participate in system and application support and troubleshooting.
· This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
· 5+ years of experience in testing web sites and web applications.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
· Strong experience in creating and executing test cases for web sites and web applications.
· Experience with testing using tools like Charles Proxy and web debugger tools.
· Proficient with staging/pre-prod deployment process.
· Working knowledge and experience with usability testing, operational testing, performance testing, integration testing, coded UI tests.
· Knowledge and experience with testing a large portfolio of high-traffic sites and applications, including the platform applications that power them.
· Web test automation experience is a plus.
· Analytics (Adobe Analytic, Conviva, Mux) testing experience is a plus
· Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum) and frequent release cycles is a must.
· Knowledge and experience with CI/CD and source control using tools like Git, Bamboo, and Jenkins are a plus.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
· Windows or Mac, Microsoft Office Suite, Atlassian Suite, Slack
· Charles, Proxy, Wireshark, Firebug. Web debugger, etc
· Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.