Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendGroupOpens in New Window
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Newsletter Editor (full-time, salaried, regular) will be responsible for editing, constructing, distributing and tracking performance of MotorTrend Group’s editorial newsletters. The position will help support 22 editorial brands with over 110M engaged automotive enthusiasts, and deploy multiple newsletters to millions of subscribers.
The ideal candidate will have experience in deploying newsletters from development to day-to-day execution including but not limited to coding emails, creating/segmenting lists, tagging links, setting up tests, building and scheduling email campaigns, quality assurance, monitoring and reporting campaign results.
We are also looking for a colleague with great communication skills, a strong sense of ownership, and an ability to collaborate effectively and grow our newsletters’ impact. This is a full-time position based in our El Segundo office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Help curate content along with editorial team for all editorial newsletters
• Build new daily, weekly and monthly newsletters for all teams
• Produce, schedule and proofread all newsletters and drive timely execution against the calendar
• Manage A/B tests on platform
• Assist in management of subscriber lists
• Participate in the ongoing optimization of the newsletter sign up flow
• Track and report to executive, strategy and editorial teams on newsletter performance including traffic, open rates, click through rate, bounce rates, and unsubscribes
• Generate new ideas and collaborate with editorial and strategy team to bring new ideas to life and continually optimize upon existing products
• Keep up-to-date on newsletter best practices
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or business.
• 1-3 years’ experience building newsletters in marketing, media or journalism field.
• Experience using third-party email applications.
• Experience in HTML and Photoshop or a willingness and desire to learn these tools.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Strong creative eye and ability to whittle down messaging to be concise, snackable and interesting, compelling action.
• Ability to leverage analytics and complex data sets to understand campaign performance, identify optimization opportunities, drive decisions and measure outcomes.
• Excellent written communication and copywriting skills.
• Organizational and project management skills.
• The ability to sit for a prolonged period of time and view / work on a computer.
• May require some work on weekends and early mornings due to nature of breaking news and time of scheduled deployments.
• Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Google (documents, sheets)
• Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.