Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendGroup
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
We are looking for Sr. DevOps Engineer to join our DevOps team to help scale our VOD/OTT platform. You have worked in engineering organizations creating and supporting CI/CD processes to promote Agile software development. You will support engineering teams in designing, implementing, and supporting software platforms. You will apply DevOps methodologies in support of roadmap initiatives. You will automate code, systems and applications deployment in support of product releases.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Design, implement, and administer platform tools to support release of software products within AWS.
· Deploy, monitor, analyze, and respond to issues with software releases ensuring speed, and efficiency.
· Own the build/deployment process by documenting everything and automate administration tasks
· Tune and automate systems and applications, including load/stress testing for software delivery.
· Consult on overall software architecture and support product roadmaps.
· Assist with migration of applications to AWS and create reusable patterns.
· Enforce standards and, best practices using modern build/release conventions.
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable
· BA/BS in a Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent professional experience.
· 4-6 years in an engineering operations related position building and deploying complex software products.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
● Experience developing and supporting build and release of software in complex cloud infrastructure
● Experience designing, implementing and maintaining CI/CD process with tight integration to cloud platforms
● Experience with OTT, Video management service in a multi-platform client universe
● Experience with tooling for automated build, delivery and release of software to IaaS, iOS, Android etc.
● Experience with CI/CD tools like Bamboo, BitBucket, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Circle CI, Git, Chef
● Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes), Serverless and running Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation) and using Cloud Management platforms (CloudAware, DivvyCloud, etc.)
● Experience working in an Agile delivery environment
● Ability to apply and document Site Reliability Engineering best practices
● Expert in writing automation scripts, using software configuration management tools enabling IT operations for an always-up, always-available service
● Experience integrating and maintaining CDN services like Akamai and CloudFront
● Experience with Apache, Nginx, Varnish, Memcache, Redis, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, and SQS on Linux platforms within AWS
● Experience identifying and effectively deploying backup/recovery solutions and establishing and measuring RTO/RPO for these systems.
● Proven history of thriving in a fast-paced environment, while dealing with ambiguity.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Ability to work at all points in the product development pipeline, including being a hands-on contributor
· The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
· Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.