hines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
See some of the work we do: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG Opens in New Window (opens video in new window)
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Digital Analytics Implementation/QA Engineer
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
At Motor Trend Group data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. The BI data engineering team is responsible for collecting, analyzing and distributing data using public cloud and open source technologies and offers transparency into customer behavior and business performance
As a Digital Analytics QA Engineer you will be designing, building and supporting data pipelines consuming data from multiple different source systems and transforming it into valuable and insightful information. You will have the opportunity to contribute to end-to-end platform design for our cloud architecture and work multi-functionally with operations, data science and the business segments to build batch and real-time data solutions.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will be working under the technical direction of the Data Architect. This person will support the Product / Tech Engineering team during the Software Development Life-cycle of web, mobile, and OTT applications.
Our ideal candidate is creative, energetic and has a desire to learn leading edge technologies and has a passion for demonstrating skill and precision in his/her work. Documents and reports on software performance issues. Communicates with developers, project managers and other development staff regarding software performance issues and testing processes. Develop test automation scripts and executes both manual and automated testing protocols.
· Communicates test results to others (management, QA team, development team, etc.) and provides updates.
· Evaluates testing processes and methods to ensure consistency based upon standards
· Create automated test case scripts in Java/Kotlin and/or Swift
· Documented experience from working with web development and building websites
· Document requirements and functional specifications for moderate to highly complex automated test plans and protocols for large projects.
· Regularly interacts with technical personnel across internal groups and external vendors.
· Perform functional, regression, integration, smoke and acceptance tests.
· Oversees final checks and releases code to production; validates and signs off on complex test plans.
· Executes automated/manual tests to compare results with requirements, to verify test requirements, to identify defects, and to ensure compliance Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills in large data environment
· Ensure code is developed to specs and designs
· Perform validation of campaign code in various environments
· Technical validation of digital analytics implementations
· Technical integration of different data sources and marketing systems
· Implementation of analytics solutions in mobile apps
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
· Experience using REST APIs
· Experience with web optimization tools (Optimizely, Adobe Target, Maxymiser)
· Experience with web analytics (Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics)
· Experience with Tag Management Tools (Adobe DTM, Adobe Launch, Google Tag Manager, Tealium, Ensighten)
· Experience with AEM
· Comfortable using command line interfaces
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
· Minimum 2 years of progressively related years of experience in QA engineering.
· “Black box” experience testing web, mobile and OTT applications, “white box” a plus.
· Hands-on experience with API-related technologies HTTP, REST, XML and JSON.
· Experience in writing and executing test cases.
· Experience testing mobile and OTT devices.
· A self-starter with demonstrated initiative – able to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
· Able to take direction and work collaboratively.
· Coding experience in Swift and/or Java/Kotlin - Ability to read, understand and create code from scratch.
· Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Understanding of the continuous integration process.
· Excellent analytical, debugging and technical problem solving skills.
· The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
· Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· API-related technologies HTTP, REST, XML and JSON
· Web analytics (Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics)
· Tag Management Tools (Adobe DTM, Adobe Launch, Google Tag Manager, Tealium, Ensighten)
· Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.