Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Manager, Business Intelligence (full-time, salary, regular) within Motor Trend Group is responsible for the data strategy, decisions and analytics to deliver accelerated growth and monetization through enhanced customer experiences with our products. We partner across Motor Trend App and motortrend.com digital platforms, Motor Trend Buyer’s Guide, Motor Trend Network and related Motor Trend Group digital owned & operated sites (such as Hot Rod and Automobile) on digital product, advertising, content and marketing analytics to better engage our audiences across all devices and platforms. Through the solutions we deliver, our business can more effectively personalize content, direct marketing, and target advertising to consumers on tv, mobile, desktop, and streaming devices. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Manage daily/weekly/monthly analytics reporting to enable the business to operate transparently and efficiently while capitalizing on insights to track revenue success/opportunities
• Support MotorTrend Product team in their business operations, including assessment of product features, A/B testing, performance analysis, recommendations on the product improvement.
• Supporting Dev and QA teams in defining product specifications, implementation priorities, tracking implementation, and pre-production UAT;
• Gathering user feedback and improvement requirements from existing customers across App Stores, Customer Support Desk, and other platforms.
• Analyze the impact of product features and updates on the user conversion rate and engagement using Adobe Analytics reports as well as Redshift raw data sources;
• Support the preparation of weekly, monthly & quarterly reports for the different businesses & divisions, including consolidating KPIs and metrics across all of the MotorTrend’s businesses
• Help design executive dashboards for data-informed decision making
• Support BI Director in overall media strategy initiatives, including creation of comprehensive and cohesive presentations for senior-level review
• Manage recurring and ad hoc reports to internal stakeholders and communicate insights in a clear and concise manner
• Conduct industry and company analysis, including market research, financial statement analysis and building and maintaining financial and operational models
• Communication: Present findings to all appropriate audiences on a consistent basis via email, verbal, in-person, and other communication methods as deemed appropriate
• Bachelors Degree in Economics, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Experience in conducting analyses to drive revenue impact and / or in strategic finance, corporate development, investment banking or consulting;
• Experience with Adobe Analytics / Audience Manager implementation and reporting. Extensive use of Adobe Analytics reporting tools, including Workspace and ReportBuilder;
• Experience with web / mobile / ott product analysis, features’ assessment, user segmentation;
• Experience with A/B testing setup, analysis, and recommendations;
• Experience creating SQL queries and procedures using Redshift DB data;
• Experience with Tableau or other data visualization software
• The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
• Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned
Machines that Move Us.