Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Business Intelligence & Strategy Analyst (full-time, salaried, regular) will support the valuation and analytical strategy behind our content programming & strategy decisions in addition to leading competitive analysis. The Analyst position will work closely with both the Director and VP of Business Intelligence & Strategy.
The Business Intelligence & Strategy team builds analytics and provides insights to deliver accelerated growth and monetization through enhanced customer experiences with our products. We partner across Motor Trend App and motortrend.com digital platforms, Motor Trend Buyer’s Guide and related Motor Trend Group digital owned & operated sites (such as Hot Rod and Automobile) on digital product, advertising, content and marketing analytics to better engage our audiences across all devices and platforms. Through the solutions we deliver, our business can more effectively personalize content, direct marketing, and target advertising to consumers on tv, mobile, desktop, and streaming devices.
This is a full time position based in our El Segundo office.
• Manage daily/weekly/monthly analytics reporting to enable the business to operate transparently and efficiently while capitalizing on insights to track revenue success/opportunities.
• Support the preparation of weekly, monthly & quarterly reports for the Content division, including consolidating KPIs and metrics
• Help design executive dashboards for data-informed decision making
• Support BI Director in overall media strategy initiatives, including creation of comprehensive and cohesive presentations for senior-level review
• Assist in building business plans & business projections for various business initiatives.
• Conducting analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators.
• Conduct industry and company analysis, including market research, financial statement analysis and building and maintaining financial and operational models
• Compiling thoughtful post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement
• Communication: Present findings to all appropriate audiences on a consistent basis via email, verbal, in-person, and other communication methods as deemed appropriate.
• Bachelors Degree in Economics, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field
• 2-5 years of experience in a top management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, hedge fund, and/or media/entertainment/tech company in a strategy/business development/analytical role.
• Prior experience in Media/Entertainment is a plus, but not a prerequisite
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators. They must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• Experience in conducting analyses to drive revenue impact and / or in strategic finance, corporate development, investment banking or consulting
• Experience with Tableau or other data visualization software
• Experience with Adobe Analytics, Business Intelligence Tools
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including strong Excel skills.
• Familiarity with statistical concepts and analysis.
• Adept at writing, facilitating and presenting analyses
• The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
• Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.