Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendGOpens in New Window
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Sr Software Engineer – NodeJS, (regular, full-time, salaried) to join our Browser Clients team to help develop the next generation of our Content Publishing web applications. You will be responsible for architecting and implementing modern web solutions for problems of scale. You will provide input, oversight, and direction for the integration of third party libraries and API’s. You will consult on overall frontend/backend architecture and strategy, and enforce standards, best practices, and modern development conventions. You will work closely with UI/UX and Product teams to deliver the best possible customer experience.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Architect and implement modern web solutions for problems of scale.
• Prototype and pilot new implementations for web applications.
• Contribute to software project/planning efforts and architectural design sessions.
• Provide input, oversight, and direction for integration of third party libraries.
• Collaborate with UI/UX experts for solutions to challenging problems.
• Consult on overall frontend/backend architecture and strategy.
• Enforce standards, best practices, and modern development conventions.
• This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
• BA/BS in a Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent professional experience.
• 2+ years of experience developing with NodeJS.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Strong experience with Server-Side Rendering using NodeJS.
• Strong experience with emerging CSS standards, best practices, and preprocessors.
• Experience integrating 3rd party API’s, libraries, and frameworks.
• Knowledge and experience implementing Single Page Applications.
• Knowledge and experience with modern development tools like ES6/Babel, Webpack, NPM.
• Knowledge and experience in mobile-first responsive frontend implementations for cross-device compatibility.
• Knowledge and experience optimizing websites and web apps for speed.
• Knowledge and experience integrating 3rd party API’s, libraries, and frameworks.
• Knowledge and experience integrating video player libraries a plus.
• Knowledge and experience with third party analytics libraries like Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics.
• Knowledge and experience with class inheritance, composition, and popular design patterns.
• Experience working in an Agile delivery environment (Scrum) is a must.
• Experience with source code management using GIT, various workflows, and popular branching models.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated problem solver with ability to pivot to new development languages as current become obsolete.
• The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
• Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict
any other tasks that may be assigned.