Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Group VP, Sales Strategy and Operations (full-time, salaried, regular) will be responsible for leading development and execution of MotorTrend Groups digital and emerging revenue solutions. MotorTrend Group is a leader in content, media, and entertainment. This role must have a passion for making an impact and the ideas to develop what’s next. We are reshaping the automotive media industry and this role will lead our path forward. It is a plus to have a sales or client centric background as well as non-automotive and new digital media experience. As MotorTrend Group converts our core client base from traditional media to new forms of media and entertainment solutions, this role will assist to expand our revenue base and offerings by developing and working with cross functional teams on new solutions and execution. The role will report to the Global Head of Sales, Motor Trend Group.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Lead strategic planning, sales marketing, media strategy, and execution, providing a clear vision to dramatically grow the digital business based on actionable insights and clear measurements of success.
• Management includes sales development and execution team including ad sales marketing solutions and digital strategic planning.
• Expand revenue base by developing leading edge solutions by partnering with product, business intelligence, and editorial;
• Commercial technology and development focus.
• Proactively identify new business targets and projects.
• Explore opportunities to expand the business into other business areas.
• Emerging media and new tech.
• Automotive and Non-Automotive media.
• Work alongside direct revenue sales to optimize revenue and execute the growth strategy for the portfolio.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide consistent training, support, and mentorship to team
- Review and approve individual timecards (as needed) and time-off requests to ensure optimal staffing levels
- Effective, fair, and consistent performance management
- Fairly and consistently ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in media, strategy, emerging technologies and/or sales.
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus.
• Prior relationships and experiences with media and non-automotive brands.
• Prior experience or deep interest in automotive would be a benefit.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Excellent presentation and strategy skills, including use of major presentation platforms to a high level of competence.
• Data Driven and deal maker.
• Concise verbal and written communication and persuasion skills.
• Proactive, innovative, dynamic and creative in problem solving.
• Able to work as a leader and effectively within a team to get things done.
• Excellent organization skills with strict attention to detail and multi-tasking.
• Product and digital competency.
• Able to adapt and handle fast paced environments and changing priorities.
• Strategic and Commercial Thinker.
• Highly driven and energetic.
• Entrepreneurial Spirit.
• Ability to think creatively and proactively.
• Thrives on building relationships.
• Excellent Verbal and Written Communication.
• Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize and organize.
• Data centric.
• Tenacious and Resilient.
• Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Salesforce
• The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
• Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.