Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendGroup
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Senior Software Engineer, Roku (full-time, salaried, regular) will help develop the next generation of Motor Trend Group’s Roku applications. The Senior Software Engineer will be contributing to the implementation of Roku application solutions for problems of scale. Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Architect and implement Roku application for problems of scale.
• Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting
• Collaborate with other teams on prioritizing roadmap initiatives and to provide estimations.
• Contribute to software project and planning efforts.
• Consult on overall software architecture and strategy.
• Enforce standards, best practices, and modern development conventions.
• BA/BS in a Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent professional experience.
• 5-7 years of experience in a software engineer/developer related position, building applications for TV devices like Roku, FireTV, XBox, tvOS.
• Strong experience architecting applications on top of high-traffic, high-availability production systems.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of development principles for TV applications and media devices, modern programming languages, and best practices for software applications.
• Strong knowledge and experience in the architecture and development of TV applications that consume API services.
• Strong knowledge and experience with OTT/Video streaming services and architecture.
• Working knowledge in developing Roku.
• Working knowledge of DRM/Tokenization implementations for rights management/enforcement.
• Working knowledge with integration of 3rd party API’s, libraries, and frameworks.
• Working knowledge integrating video player libraries and SDK’s.
• Working knowledge of third party analytics libraries like Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics.
• Working knowledge of Object Oriented Programming principles and popular design patterns.
• Working knowledge conducting code and architecture reviews with an eye for best practices.
• Working knowledge of CI/CD principles with tools like Git, Bamboo, or Jenkins.
• Recent experience working in an Agile delivery environment (Scrum) a must.
• Working knowledge of source code management using GIT, various workflows, and popular branching models.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
• Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.