MotoRefi is a fast-growing, mission-driven startup offering better auto refinancing, insurance and financial protection products. By partnering with credit unions and community banks, we help our customers find the best solutions for their financial needs. Our technology makes the refinancing process quick and easy. The result? We save customers an average of $100/month on their monthly payments and much more. MotoRefi recently raised our Series A, and is proud to be backed by a great team of venture and angel investors from QED Investors, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures, Gaingels, the former COO of Venmo and others.
About the Role:
MotoRefi is looking for a skilled Senior Backend Engineer to build systems that enable our internal stakeholders to work faster. This includes designing generalized APIs that expose our data layers to a variety of applications, homegrown, COTS, and hybrid. Our rapid growth and expansion means each application the team writes needs to scale and be fault tolerant to support the ever increasing usage from our operations teammates. The backend that runs all of this is evolving toward an event-sourced architecture that supports the highly asynchronous and multi-modal workflows we are automating. Our current stage provides a seasoned engineer with a healthy mix of familiar and novel challenges and a high degree of agency to solve them.
- A chance to build foundational APIs to our relational data that will be used by many applications
- Build and maintain service layers (REST, GraphQL, etc) that will be interacted with by a variety of consuming applications
- Leverage modern frameworks like React to build interactive web applications
- Utilize a variety of databases for different use cases (e.g., relational, document, graph, object storage)
- Partner closely with our Product Team to define feature specifications and build products
- 5+ years of programming experience with modern languages (Ruby, Typescript, Scala, etc)
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practices including Pulumi, CloudFormation, Google Deployment Manager, GitOps, etc
- Demonstrates an strong understanding of modern engineering practices like code reviews, testing at various levels (unit, regression, integration) and designing for scale
- Passionate software engineer that loves building polished products
- Collaborator that thrives in a social atmosphere and actively contributes to improving processes, workflows, and communication
- Maker who doesn’t relent until finding a both elegant and practical solution to a problem
- Systems thinker who understands the value of automation and infrastructure as code
- Quick study that readily picks up new languages, frameworks, and tools
- Person who cares deeply that your work realizes positive outcomes for our world
Technologies we teach and use
- TypeScript, Scala, Ruby, Python
- Next.js (React.js), Google Firebase, Apache Beam, Rails
- Postgresql, Redis, FireStore, BigQuery, S3/GCS
- Google Cloud (PubSub, Functions, and others), Heroku
- Rollbar, Segment, CodeFresh, LogDNA
Compensation & Benefits
Everyone at MotoRefi is a valued team member, and we always strive to live up to our value of Taking Care of Each Other. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive base salary starting at $170k
- Role is available as a remote opportunity within the U.S.
- Equity in a high growth startup - MotoRefi Wins, you win!
- Flexibility and energy of a high performing startup culture
- 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Fantastic health, dental, vision, and mental health insurance, where we cover 100% (yes, 100%!) of the premium for you and your family, and a generous PTO plan.
- Company-paid for short & long term disability insurance and basic life insurance.
- Optional benefits include HSAs, FSAs, voluntary life insurance, and pet insurance.
Our values are core to who are and provide a roadmap for focusing on people, our work, and continuous improvement:
- See People as People
- Take Care of Each Other
- Commit to the Mission
- Move Quickly and Bravely
- Get Better Every Day
- Seek Truth
MotoRefi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. Pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.