MotoRefi is a fast-growing, mission-driven startup offering better auto refinancing, insurance and financial protection products. By partnering with credit unions and community banks, we help our customers find the best solutions for their financial needs. Our technology makes the refinancing process quick and easy. The result? We save customers an average of $100/month on their monthly payments and much more. MotoRefi recently raised our Series A, and is proud to be backed by a great team of venture and angel investors from QED Investors, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures, Gaingels, the former COO of Venmo and others.
Want to fast track your application? Take our Full Stack Engineer Screen
About the Role:
MotoRefi is looking for a skilled Senior Full Stack Engineer to help build out our consumer experience. You will help polish and structure our consumer-facing web application, adding new products, customizing workflows, and co-branding with partners as we continue our rapid expansion. Our current stage provides a seasoned full-stack engineer with a healthy mix of familiar and novel challenges and a high degree of agency to solve them.
- Design, build, and maintain web services that are subjected to a high request volume using a modern framework
- Develop and maintain our Strategic API which facilitates deeper integration with our partners
- Develop our backend using an event-sourced architecture that supports the highly asynchronous and multi-modal workflows which we are automating.
- Implement event tracking to better understand customer needs and interactions
- Implement monitoring and alerting to understand the health of the apps and diagnose issues
- Ensure team’s adherence to technical standards and alignment with the architectural direction
- Lead and mentor engineers to accomplish objectives with the support of an engineering manager
- Drive incremental improvements across multiple roadmap items
- Demonstrate ownership of the software and applications
- 5+ years of web development experience
- Passionate software engineer that loves building polished consumer-facing products
- Collaborator that thrives in a social atmosphere and actively contributes to improving processes, workflows, and communication
- Mentor who enjoys teaching new languages, frameworks, and tools to others
- Readily picks up new languages, frameworks, and tools
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Experience with one or more technologies in the MotoRefi stack including: TypeScript, React, Ruby on Rails
Nice to have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- Experience with Next.js, Hasura, GraphQL, Vercel
- Experience with API design and versioning
- Experience with frontend testing frameworks and integration testing
Technologies we teach and use
- TypeScript, Ruby, GraphQL
- React.js, Next.js, Node.js, Rails, Hasura
- Postgresql, Redis
- Vercel, Google Cloud Platform
- Rollbar, Segment, CodeFresh, LogDNA
Compensation & Benefits
Everyone at MotoRefi is a valued team member, and we always strive to live up to our value of Taking Care of Each Other. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive base salary starting at $170k
- Role is available as a remote opportunity within the U.S.
- Equity in a high growth startup - MotoRefi Wins, you win!
- Flexibility and energy of a high performing startup culture
- 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Fantastic health, dental, vision, and mental health insurance, where we cover 100% (yes, 100%!) of the premium for you and your family, and a generous PTO plan.
- Company-paid for short & long term disability insurance and basic life insurance.
- Optional benefits include HSAs, FSAs, voluntary life insurance, and pet insurance.
Our values are core to who are and provide a roadmap for focusing on people, our work, and continuous improvement:
- See People as People
- Take Care of Each Other
- Commit to the Mission
- Move Quickly and Bravely
- Get Better Every Day
- Seek Truth
MotoRefi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. Pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.