MotoRefi is a fast-growing mission-driven fintech startup. Our marketplace and technology platform helps consumers save $100 per month on their car loans via our easy and seamless platform. We put our customers and team members first, and have an NPS of 81. MotoRefi is proud to be backed by a great team of venture and angel investors, including Moderne Ventures, QED Investors, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures, Gaingels, the former COO of Venmo and others.
About the Role
MotoRefi is looking for an Auto insurance expert to build and manage our auto insurance offerings for our customer base. As a member of the MotoRefi’s leadership team, this person will work directly with the CEO & COO on building our strategy, and have full ownership over bringing that strategy to life. This is the perfect role for someone with deep experience in P&C Insurance who is looking for a new challenge and the ability to build something great within a quickly growing and well funded startup. This role will:
- Define and launch our insurance offerings to customers
- Have full ownership over the P&L of our insurance business
- Work with our marketing & technology functions to bring incredible insurance experiences for our customers to life
- Build and manage a customer-obsessed team of licensed insurance agents
- Build and maintain relationships with carriers and other third party service providers
- You like fast paced startup environments that operate at speed and aren’t afraid to make decisions based on frameworks when historical data isn’t available
- You have extensive experience in property & casualty insurance, including auto
- You have experience working directly with or for carriers or at an MGA
- You are or have been a licensed P&C insurance producer
- You have built and managed high performing teams
- You are an analytical thinker and seek truth in the data, but you are willing to move quickly and bravely in spite of unknowns
- You are an excellent manager and coach to your team
- Startup and/or carrier experience is a major plus
Compensation & Benefits
Everyone at MotoRefi is a valued team member, and we always strive to live up to our value of Taking Care of Each Other. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity in a high growth startup - MotoRefi Wins, you win!
- Flexibility and energy of a high performing startup culture
- 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Fantastic health, dental, vision, and mental health insurance, where we cover 100% (yes, 100%!) of the premium for you and your family, and a generous PTO plan.
- Company-paid for short & long term disability insurance and basic life insurance.
- Optional benefits include HSAs, FSAs, voluntary life insurance, and pet insurance.
Our values are core to who are and provide a roadmap for focusing on people, our work, and continuous improvement:
- See people as people
- Take care of each other
- Commit to the mission
- Move quickly and bravely
- Get better everyday
- Seek truth
MotoRefi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. Pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.