MotoRefi is a fast-growing mission-driven fintech startup. Our marketplace and technology platform helps consumers improve their financial lives by saving people $100 per month on their car loans via our easy and seamless platform. We put our customers first and have an NPS of 81. MotoRefi is proud to be backed by a great team of venture and angel investors, including QED Investors, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures, Gaingels, the former COO of Venmo, and others.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Financial Analyst to lay the foundation for a high growth business by strategically building out the accounting/analysis processes and working with department heads to understand how their goals and challenges affect the P&L. As a key member of the Finance & Accounting Team reporting to the CFO, this role is a great opportunity to exhibit your multi-faceted talents within the finance & accounting function as you will partner closely with the CFO, department heads, and vendors to build a picture of the company’s financial future.
- Primary point of contact and manager of annual budget and financial forecast model
- Assist with the preparation of presentations for senior management
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators; identify opportunities for financial improvement and provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management
- Work cross functionally to drive process improvements and automation; perform ad hoc analysis in support of management decision-making
- Support the development and improvement of new and existing management reports and input templates
- Manipulate large amounts of data from different sources to tell a succinct story
- Must have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically in MS Excel (advanced-level preferred) and Google Slides, Sheets, Docs and Drive. Knowledge of Quickbooks is a Plus.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and to translate results into meaningful metrics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment, delivering on deadline and handle multiple projects simultaneously in an autonomous environment
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks
- Perform ad hoc analysis as requested
- Effective written and oral communication skills as position requires communicating with department heads and management
- 3-4 years of prior FP&A experience in a venture/PE backed company and/or Public Accounting/Consulting experience
- Strong willingness to learn
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Business
Compensation & Benefits
Everyone at MotoRefi is a valued team member, and we always strive to live up to our value of Taking Care of Each Other. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Equity in a high growth startup - MotoRefi Wins, you win!
- Flexibility and energy of a high performing startup culture
- 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Fantastic health, dental, vision, and mental health insurance, where we cover 100% (yes, 100%!) of the premium for you and your family, and a generous PTO plan.
- Company-paid for short & long term disability insurance and basic life insurance.
- Optional benefits include HSAs, FSAs, voluntary life insurance, and pet insurance.
Our values are core to who are and provide a roadmap for focusing on people, our work, and continuous improvement:
- See people as people.
- Take care of each other.
- Commit to the mission.
- Move quickly and bravely.
- Get better every day.
- Seek truth.
MotoRefi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. Pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.