MotoRefi is a fast-growing, mission-driven startup offering better auto refinancing, insurance and financial protection products. By partnering with credit unions and community banks, we help our customers find the best solutions for their financial needs. Our technology makes the refinancing process quick and easy. The result? We save customers an average of $100/month on their monthly payments and much more. MotoRefi recently raised our Series A, and is proud to be backed by a great team of venture and angel investors from QED Investors, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures, Gaingels, the former COO of Venmo and others.
Our growth and expansion means that our consumer web application needs to be highly polished, yet designed with sufficient flexibility to add new products, customize workflows, and cobrand with our partners. We also develop and maintain internal applications that provide significant leverage to our operations teammates. The backend that runs all of this is evolving toward an event sourced architecture that supports the highly asynchronous and multi-modal workflows we are automating. Our current stage provides a seasoned full stack engineer with a healthy mix of familiar and novel challenges, and a high degree of agency to solve them
You most likely identify with many of these qualities:
- Passionate data wrangler who obsesses over clean data and efficient queries
- Collaborator that thrives in a social atmosphere and actively contributes to improving processes, workflows, and communication
- Problem solver who enjoys decomposing complex problems and doesn’t relent until finding a both elegant and practical solution to those problems
- Quick study that readily picks up new technologies and approaches
- Person who cares deeply that your work realizes positive outcomes for our world
What we are looking for
There are always exceptions, and we are looking for exceptional individuals, so nothing on this list is strictly required. However, if some of these match your experiences, then you would likely thrive in this role:
- Clear interest in learning the novel and complex domain of refinancing.
- Proven record of working directly with non technical users to help them get the quantitative answers they need
- Conducted SQL query optimizations in a cloud-native data warehouse
- Munged data by identifying outlier trends and adding appropriate SQL filters
- Built dashboards and visualizations in Google Data Studio or Tableau to drive data-driven discussions
- Worked in a team to triage and tackle data analysis needs company-wide
- Annotated and explained new datasets during a data discovery process
Technologies we teach and use
- SQL (strong proficiency is a must)
- BigQuery, Postgresql, GCS
- Apache Beam, Scio, GCP DataPrep
- Segment, Google PubSub
- Mixpanel, GA, GTM, FullStory
- Flexible hours and remote work
- Fantastic health, dental, and vision
- Generous PTO
- Culture focused on cross-functional collaboration
- Early stage equity
- Lots of choice in workstation, peripherals, tools, etc.
- Coffee, tea, soda, and healthy snacks (once office reopens)
- Coworkers are passionate about working in our customers’ best interests
MotoRefi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic.