MotoRefi is a fast-growing mission-driven fintech startup. Our marketplace and technology platform helps consumers improve their financial lives by saving people $100 per month on their car loans via our easy and seamless platform. We put our customers first and have an NPS of 81. MotoRefi is proud to be backed by a great team of venture and angel investors, including QED Investors, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures, Gaingels, the former COO of Venmo, and others.
We’re looking for a Controller to strategically build out the accounting processes and help lay the foundation for a high growth business. Reporting to the CFO, this role would is a great opportunity to be a jack of all trades within the accounting function. As the second member of the Finance & Accounting Team, you would partner closely with the CFO, department heads, and vendors.
About the role
- Develop and maintain document system of accounting policies, procedures, and controls
- Partner with vendors & manage all accounting operations, including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Revenue Recognition, etc.
- Coordinate, prepare, and publish timely monthly financial statements and regulatory reporting
- Provide oversight of our tax and other compliance reporting needs
- Ensure quality control over all financial transactions and reporting
- Recommend benchmarks to measure company performance
- Manage billing, revenue recognition, and cash & banking processes
- Provide financial analysis on business activities, including capital investments, pricing decisions, contract negotiations, etc.
- Lead annual audit activities working together with external auditors for accurate and timely completion
- Track and manage department budgets
- Organize and manage Operating Model and finances
- Oversee accounting related systems with an eye towards continuous improvement and application of new technologies. Work with existing systems and processes to recommend and implement process efficiencies.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Experience in a high growth startup environment
- You have a proven ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and develop positive cross-functional working relationships
- Strong analytical skills and exceptional problem-solving skills
- You are a highly motivated organized self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, and preferably a CPA and/or Masters Degree
- Systems Implementation Experience
MotoRefi’s values are at the core of everything we do
- See people as people.
- Take care of each other.
- Commit to the mission.
- Move quickly and bravely.
- Get better every day.
- Seek truth.
- Competitive salary.
- Equity in a high profile startup.
- Flexibility and energy of a high performing startup culture.
- Great benefits including medical, dental & vision coverage.