Purpose and scope:
Assist project development team by controlling the pre-project roof, ground, and carport mounted Solar PV designs.
- Collaborate with the Motive Energy Solar development team to design site specific, cost-efficient, Helioscope layouts.
- Ensure layout accuracy, based on site requirements, prior to submittal to development team. Knowledge of Energy Toolbase and PVSyst a plus.
- Participate in the creation of design standards for future projects
- Understand the technical standards of Solar PV System design (i.e., AC to DC ratios, code requirements)
Skills / Other:
- Ability to effectively manage time across multiple projects, and utilize strong prioritization and decision-making skills
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD
- Basic knowledge of Energy Toolbase, and PVSyst
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; both written and verbal.
- Acute attention to detail
- Always demonstrates ethics and professionalism
Education and Training:
- Associate Degree or higher
- NABCEP Certification a plus
- Associate 2 years’ design experience in the renewable energy industry required, 3 years preferred; knowledge of carport/canopies a plus.
- Technical understanding of electrical and solar design
- Understanding of National Electric Code and Building Codes
- Understanding of construction also a plus
“MEG” is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Motive Energy Group provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law. “MEG” does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits, or any other condition of employment.