Our ML team is focused on bringing state-of-the-art deep learning research to autonomous driving path planning.. We implement, test, and deploy deep neural networks, algorithms, and software to impact different parts of our autonomous vehicle software stack. In order to continuously improve the performance of all our models, we constructed an automated loop to monitor and mine for model failure cases, extend training datasets, automatically adapt models & improve model performance.
In this position you will have direct impact on the performance of our autonomous vehicles which are publicly deployed in numerous cities worldwide, delivering safe rides to passengers. The team is working on the cutting edge of motion planning research problems that have not been solved before.
Read more about our team’s current initiatives:
What You'll Do:
- Create pipelines to annotate data with semantic labels and automatically mine and analyze the underlying data distribution with respect to model errors.
- The pipelines you will be working on are scaled to hundreds of machines collected from thousands of hours of real-world driving data.
- Create tools for more efficient data manipulation, analysis, and visualization
- Automate mining, re-training, and error analysis workflows.
- Create dashboard and metrics to evaluate performance of ML models and its influence on autonomous vehicle performance
- Scale cloud-based applications
- Contribute to cutting edge motion planning and deep learning systems with improved software architecture, new tools, and overall code-quality guidance.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field
- 5+ years of software development experience
- AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience in processing and analyzing petabytes of data
- Experience in working on large project spanning across multiple teams
- Knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.
Bonus (not required):
- Model training and model performance analysis
- PyTorch or other deep learning frameworks
Additional details about Motional’s ML team:
Our Machine Learning team has produced ground breaking advancements in the autonomous vehicle industry including nuPlan (https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.11810), nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), and PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.