Motional is seeking a talented Data Analyst to join the AV Performance Analysis (Triage) team under the Global Operations group to generate performance insights and metrics reporting in support of the development of our autonomous driving technology.
Ideal candidates for this position must have extensive experience with SQL and data analysis. Familiarity with Jira (or similar issue tracking systems) and associated reports and metrics is also preferred. This position uniquely cross-cuts across the product, systems, safety, software and testing / operational teams, providing the operational leadership and executives a perspective into the analytical performance of our self-driving product.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What You'll Be Doing
- Primarily responsible for querying, analyzing, auditing, and presenting through reports and presentations, a variety of AV performance metrics to support the Triage team specifically as well as the larger AV Testing, Global Operations and executive leadership group.
- Develop and maintain source of truth dashboards and reporting on key metrics for company wide external stakeholders.
- Use the Product, PMO, Safety roadmaps to understand the priorities on data driven development and convert the insights into actionable recommendations.
- Act as an expert on Motional’s distributed data sources and partner with Data Engineering stakeholders on data warehousing / modeling requirements
- Perform comprehensive quality assurance, ensuring that data meet specifications and reports remain accurate and reliable even in the face of process and tool changes.
- Partner with Operations and Testing stakeholders to maintain a rapid and iterative feedback loop for metrics creation and monitoring.
- Collaborate with senior management to understand the vision for business-critical metrics, requirements for such reporting and execute on that vision with a priority.
- Be the primary owner of storytelling AV Performance using dashboards, metrics and underlying data.
- Proactively communicate insights and contribute to leadership reviews and team presentations.
- Show initiative and be a valued team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork across locations is the norm.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's or higher degree in a quantitative field -- including but not limited to Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, or equivalent knowledge and work experience.
- 2+ years of experience working in business intelligence, analytics, data science, or a similar role.
- Expert-level proficiency with SQL, Excel, and Google Sheets.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and exemplary attention to detail.
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and creative problem solving skills.
Bonus Points (not required)
- Proficiency with SQL, Python, and R.
- Experience with business intelligence methodologies and a strong understanding of statistics.
- Experience with Linux and scripting languages (E.g: Bash/Shell, Python).
- Experience with software engineering concepts, including requirements analysis, source control, build processes, design reviews.
- Experience using issue tracking and configuration management tools (E.g: Atlassian Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, Git).
Because interfacing with the public and/or other employees in a confined setting is an essential function of the job, Motional currently requires those performing this role to be fully vaccinated. Anyone hired into this role should be vaccinated by their start date. Motional is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.