As part of Motional’s Cybersecurity team, you will build and lead a team to design, implement, and execute Motional’s Cybersecurity Incident Response and related Security Operations functions for our product and information technology domains. This is a unique opportunity to build and lead a team that will enable the future of mobility with safe and secure autonomous vehicles.
If the idea of bringing your cybersecurity operations expertise to collaborate with a team of cybersecurity thought leaders securing cutting edge technology excites you, then this is the role for you.
What you will be doing:
- Design, implement, and lead the cybersecurity incident response process, to include developing and implementing capabilities for event logging and monitoring as well as procedures for incident triage, escalation, containment, eradication, and recovery.
- Develop and execute a multiyear roadmap for Security Operations to include plans for, incident response, vulnerability management, monitoring and detection, and threat intelligence.
- Partner to integrate cybersecurity response plans with other incident response functions across the enterprise.
- Lead, coordinate, and provide expert technical support to resolve security incidents.
- Design and lead tabletop and/or full-scale exercises to test and update response plans as appropriate.
- Track and document cyber defense incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
- Foster an environment that values cybersecurity education and continuous learning.
What we’re looking for:
- You are curious about the future of automated vehicles and how cybersecurity can enable its safe and secure deployment
- You have a passion for building, sustaining, executing, and updating processes, and the thought of leading incidents involving cutting-edge technologies excites you
- You feel comfortable driving partnerships internally and externally to the company with teams of all levels of technical expertise
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Information Technology or Equivalent Knowledge and Work Experience
- You have a minimum 5 years of experience in cybersecurity incident response, with at least 3 years leading a team in at least one discipline of security operations
- You possess one cybersecurity certification (e.g. CISSP, GIAC Certified Incident Handler, EC-Council Certified Incident Handler, etc.), or can demonstrate equivalent hands on experience
- You have experience in scoping, managing, and budgeting strategic projects and goals
- Experience with people management
- If this position interests you and you feel that you meet much of what we require, please apply!
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.