The Senior Partner, Learning and Development will be responsible for designing, sourcing, and evaluating skills training experiences for leadership programs at Motional. You will provide ongoing consultation and/or solutions for training, career development, and organizational effectiveness of Motional’s leadership teams.
Priority outputs of the Senior Partner include designing and deploying high-impact skills training experiences (in-person and/or remote) that support Motional’s leadership behaviors, core values, and business priorities. This role will regularly facilitate learning and/or working sessions with senior leaders, people managers, and senior individual contributor roles. You will lead key projects that contribute to Motional’s leadership development strategy, and work cross-functionally with senior leaders of varying functions on talent management solutions.
The Senior Partner will work closely with the Manager of Learning & Development to elevate our existing leadership development programs, such as New Manager Essentials and our Executive Coaching program. You will work with HR Leaders, and DEI Experts to incorporate critical DEI-oriented skills into the leadership curriculum.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city's goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What you'll be doing
- Lead the internal curriculum design efforts to bring core leadership training and development experiences for team leads and managers in-house.
- Deliver the training experience as the instructor, or facilitate delivery through subject matter experts.
- Evaluate and modify existing or proposed leadership development programs; suggests and implements suitable changes.
- Research and identify training/learning opportunities that support the needs of Motional leaders and people managers. Autonomously design and deploy relevant training/learning experiences.
- Work with HR and L&D to ensure appropriate metrics are developed to evaluate the organizational impact of key leadership solutions, resources, and programs.
- Leverage internal tools such as LMS, engagement surveys, and performance management systems to measure the effectiveness of your outputs against pre-defined goals and objectives.
- Partner with the L&D Manager and other department leaders to develop custom training solutions when needed.
- Manages schedules, enrollments, training spaces, and all other materials for experiences in your portfolio of work.
- Perform administrator duties in our LMS that support your learning and development work.
- Able to travel domestic and international
- Other duties as assigned
What we're looking for
- Proficiency in concepts/models of adult learning, curriculum design, and training delivery for both remote/virtual and in-person learning environments.
- Broad knowledge of leadership principles, frameworks, and philosophies that support the design and delivery of skills development experiences.
- Technical expertise with LMS and popular curriculum design tools.
- Familiarity with measuring workplace/leadership skills proficiency, development, progression.
- Professional level public speaking and interpersonal communication skills, with a proven track record in delivery and facilitation of learning programs in a variety of formats (in-person, virtual, multi-session).
- Relationships-driven, able to communicate with a wide variety of personalities, and build influential presence with key stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, strategize, and make decisions that support the business goals and objectives.
- Willingness to travel by plane to all sites across the global footprint; must maintain the ability to travel with a passport and other forms of valid identification.
- Commitment to role modeling a growth mindset through continuous learning and skills development.
- High school diploma or equivalency required, and 6 years of professional experience with adult training/ learning and development, or a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in one of the following fields with 1-2 years of experience:
- Training/Learning and Development, Human Resources, Education/or Instructional Design, administration or a Social Science, such as Educational or Organizational Psychology.
- Must be able to accommodate early mornings, late evenings, and weekends as needed for global scope.
Why you should join us
Our Learning & Development team is in an exciting phase of growing our scope and impact at Motional. Our leaders have shown overwhelming commitment to the development of our talent by further investing in our team’s growth. We are looking for professionals who are motivated by the success of others, and delivering the future of our people’s development in the workplace.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.