The DevOps Engineer will be a member of and supporting our ML Motion Planning software development and research team. This team introduces and advances new Deep Learning techniques for our Motion Planner. We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to help build and scale machine learning infrastructure, with the eventual goal of partnering with our research scientists to train models and write production level software.
- Create and deploy docker images dedicated for machine learning training
- Support binaries deployment to the customers
- Establish and maintain a continuous integration infrastructure that supports ~2K builds/day
- Develop tools for deployment and monitoring of highly available, mission critical services
- Troubleshoot and resolve critical build and development issues
- Work with security experts in developing and implementing state of the art security controls
- Manage/Upgrade the applications as necessary.
- Work closely with production Machine Learning, Data, Motion Planning and Motion Controls teams to identify places where data-driven deep learning approach is beneficial.
Experience to bring:
- Linux, version control, CI/CD and cross-platform scripting languages
- Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes
We'd be pleasantly surprised to see:
- Experience managing AWS and in-house server infrastructure using IaC
- Large-scale compute and build infrastructure.
Machine Learning at Motional
We have produced groundbreaking advancements in the autonomous vehicle industry including nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), and PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150)
Motional has offices in Boston, Pittsburgh, Santa Monica, Bay area, and Las Vegas. You can join any of these offices.
The Motional global headquarters is located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.