The Motion Planning ML research team introduces and advances new Deep Learning techniques for our Motion Planner. Team members perform research not commonly found in existing literature, develop machine learning infrastructure, build and train models, integrate into motion planner, and write production level software.
- Integrate learning-based cost function into motion planner
- Explore ego-agent interactive planner, such as conditional environment predictions
- Refine and improve the data-driven model according to the performance of autonomous vehicles in real world complex environment
- Develop core deep learning codebase for efficient training and testing pipelines
- Analyze and compare different combinations of algorithms
- Conduct experiments, write reports, and file patents
- Deploy solutions directly to an autonomous vehicle and analyze performance
Experience to bring:
- PyTorch or Tensorflow
- Experience designing, training, analyzing, and deploying neural networks.
- Motion Planning, Motion Prediction, Behavioral prediction experience
- Autonomous vehicle / robotics experience
- Computer Science, Robotics, Mathematics, or related degree with Masters or PhD preferred
We'd be pleasantly surprised to see:
- C++ development experience in Linux environment
Machine Learning at Motional
We have produced groundbreaking advancements in the autonomous vehicle industry including nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), and PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150)
Motional has offices in Boston, Pittsburgh, Santa Monica, and Bay Area (Milpitas). We are hiring and willing to support relocation to any of these locations for this team.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.