The Data Mining team in Singapore develops cutting edge algorithms and infrastructure for data mining and data verification in the context of autonomous driving. Our goal is to improve the on-road performance of products that use machine learning at their core by mining for errors, anomalies & long-tail events. We are looking for engineers passionate about autonomous driving technology and its potential impact to the world.
Motional's Machine Learning team has produced groundbreaking advancements in the autonomous vehicle industry including nuPlan (https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.11810), nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), and PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150).
What you'll be doing:
- Work on large-scale solutions for mining challenging driving scenarios which help boost model performance across various autonomous driving tasks
- Collaborate with ML infrastructure teams and contribute to automated framework for continuous learning through iterative mining, training and deployment
- Develop distributed large-scale pipelines and optimize internal tools & open-source libraries to run efficiently and robustly at production level
What we’re looking for:
- MS in Computer Science, related quantitative field or equivalent experience
- Experience architecting and deploying large-scale systems
- Experience with tools for data manipulation, storage and visualization
- Experience with core AWS services or similar cloud platforms
- Experience with writing production-quality code in Python
- At least 4 years of software development experience
- Experience with machine learning or statistical analysis
- Experience with building infrastructure for machine learning
- Experience with distributed systems design and architecture
- Experience with high-performance system optimization and deployment
- Experience with dashboard building libraries for data analytics
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.