Motional has an exciting opportunity to work within a world-class team of engineers including inventors of nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784) PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150) and PolarStream. The Perception-Prediction Team is doubling in size, and we are adding engineers and researchers to join us in our mission to launch a level 5 autonomous taxi system.
What You'll Do
- Develop clean and extensible software for the perception and prediction modules that sit at the core of autonomous driving systems and interface with all other key modules such as sensor data, localization, and planning
- Collaborate with deep learning experts in perception and prediction to port algorithms to GPU
- Optimize the utilization of GPU resources and sharing of GPU access across multiple programs running on the same system
- Apply deep software development expertise to teach others better software practices and principles
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant field.
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Proficiency in C++ (i.e. C++11 and beyond) with development in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience in designing, developing and optimizing CUDA code for deployment to GPU architecture
- Experience in TensorRT and porting deep learning algorithms from Python to C++
- Experience in GPU kernel programming using CUDA
- Experience in software performance benchmarking, profiling, and optimizations
- Experience with programming for multi-threaded systems
- Strong problem-solving skills and desire to learn
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with FPGAs
- Experience with Pytorch
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.